[1.9] Custom models not texturing properly?

gartia

There was something similar recently:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,38949.0.html

Might be worth looking into. Totally wild guess as you don't say much (there is nothing to say really).

P.S: If this is your model - absolutely fkn awesome, if not - still awesome  (where can I find it? Or can you share it?)

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

There was something similar recently:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,38949.0.html

Might be worth looking into. Totally wild guess as you don't say much (there is nothing to say really).

P.S: If this is your model - absolutely fkn awesome, if not - still awesome  (where can I find it? Or can you share it?)

No i actually ripped it from world of warcraft lol. Also thank you for the link

Any idea about the offset of the model though?

1iioou.png

You need to add +0.5 to your X and Z transform offsets.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoaderRegistry$LoaderException: Exception loading model cruxcraft:DepositIron#normal with loader VariantLoader.INSTANCE, skipping

Caused by: net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoaderRegistry$LoaderException: Exception loading model cruxcraft:block/SmallDepost.obj with loader INSTANCE, skipping

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: cruxcraft:models/item/SmallDepost.obj

at net.minecraft.client.resources.FallbackResourceManager.getResource(FallbackResourceManager.java:68) ~[FallbackResourceManager.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.resources.SimpleReloadableResourceManager.getResource(SimpleReloadableResourceManager.java:64) ~[simpleReloadableResourceManager.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.client.model.obj.OBJLoader.loadModel(OBJLoader.java:63) ~[OBJLoader.class:?]

The loader couldn't find

cruxcraft:models/block/SmallDepost.obj

, so it tried to load

cruxcraft:models/item/SmallDepost.obj

; which also didn't exist.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoaderRegistry$LoaderException: Exception loading model cruxcraft:DepositIron#normal with loader VariantLoader.INSTANCE, skipping

Caused by: net.minecraftforge.client.model.ModelLoaderRegistry$LoaderException: Exception loading model cruxcraft:block/SmallDepost.obj with loader INSTANCE, skipping

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: cruxcraft:models/item/SmallDepost.obj

at net.minecraft.client.resources.FallbackResourceManager.getResource(FallbackResourceManager.java:68) ~[FallbackResourceManager.class:?]

at net.minecraft.client.resources.SimpleReloadableResourceManager.getResource(SimpleReloadableResourceManager.java:64) ~[simpleReloadableResourceManager.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.client.model.obj.OBJLoader.loadModel(OBJLoader.java:63) ~[OBJLoader.class:?]

The loader couldn't find

cruxcraft:models/block/SmallDepost.obj

, so it tried to load

cruxcraft:models/item/SmallDepost.obj

; which also didn't exist.

That was odd it was there. I ended up changing models and it started working.

Also it seems the server is erroring on this. Is this suppose to be called for the server?

@EventHandler
    public void preInit(FMLPreInitializationEvent event)
    {
OBJLoader.INSTANCE.addDomain(ReferenceCrux.MOD_ID.toLowerCase());
}

Also it seems the server is erroring on this. Is this suppose to be called for the server?

@EventHandler
    {
}

Models are client-only, as are model loaders. You should only reference them from your client proxy.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

@EventHandler
    {
}

Models are client-only, as are model loaders. You should only reference them from your client proxy.

Alright, and can you have multiple obj's apart of one json and can you retexture them without changing a mtl? Because i was aiming at a resource node type block where it would spawn resource boulders with iron/any ore deposits popping out of the boulders.

Alright, and can you have multiple obj's apart of one json and can you retexture them without changing a mtl? Because i was aiming at a resource node type block where it would spawn resource boulders with iron/any ore deposits popping out of the boulders.

You can use an OBJ model anywhere you'd use a JSON model. A blockstates file can define a single model shared between all variants, a separate model for each variant or anything in between.

You should be able to define textures for your model using Forge's blockstates format.

You can use an OBJ model anywhere you'd use a JSON model. A blockstates file can define a single model shared between all variants, a separate model for each variant or anything in between.

You should be able to define textures for your model using Forge's blockstates format.

Woops Half asleep didn't realise i put my text in a quote and alright thank you for the help!