[1.10][Client] Listening to an existing plugin channel? (SimpleNetworkWrapper)

waffle

Several of my favorite servers are running the WorldInfo bukkit plugin, which provides a unique world identifier string over the channel 'world_info'.

I've written a class that uses SimpleNetworkWrapper to successfully interact with WorldInfo and receive the string.

The issue I'm having is in deployment. Other mods, (usually minimaps), also seek to use the 'world_info' channel, which leads to a "java.lang.RuntimeException: That channel is already registered".

Is it possible for me to listen to the 'world_info' channel that another mod has registered?

Thanks!

It seems you can't get the SimpleNetworkWrapper, but you can get the FMLEmbeddedChannel which might be able to do what you want. If not you may need to resort to using Reflection or an AccessTransformer.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

I think you're on the right track.

It looks like I can get the relevant FMLEmbeddedChannel and its associated pipeline, into which I think I should be able to insert a listener somehow.

Thanks for your help so far!