[1.10.2]Generation

Mightydanp

I made a generation class for my twigs.I based it off the WorldGenCactus, but for some reason it still will not work. By that I mean that when i create a new world it gives me a error

at net.minecraft.world.World.getChunkFromChunkCoords(World.java:349) ~[World.class:?]

at net.minecraft.world.World.getChunkFromBlockCoords(World.java:341) ~[World.class:?]

at net.minecraft.world.World.getBlockState(World.java:911) ~[World.class:?]

at net.minecraft.world.World.isAirBlock(World.java:266) ~[World.class:?]

at com.mightydanp.eot.api.common.world.gen.feature.IWorldGenTwigs.generate(IWorldGenTwigs.java:19) ~[iWorldGenTwigs.class:?]

at com.mightydanp.eot.api.common.world.gen.IWorldGen.spawnTwigs(IWorldGen.java:58) ~[iWorldGen.class:?]

at com.mightydanp.eot.common.world.gen.WorldGen.generateSurface(WorldGen.java:51) ~[WorldGen.class:?]

at com.mightydanp.eot.api.common.world.gen.IWorldGen.generate(IWorldGen.java:29) ~[iWorldGen.class:?]

at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.generateWorld(GameRegistry.java:120) ~[GameRegistry.class:?]

at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.populateChunk(Chunk.java:1070) ~[Chunk.class:?]

at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.populateChunk(Chunk.java:1033) ~[Chunk.class:?]

at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.provideChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:160) ~[ChunkProviderServer.class:?]

i also get a crash log

java.lang.StackOverflowError: Exception in server tick loop

at net.minecraft.world.World.notifyBlockOfStateChange(World.java:586)

at net.minecraft.world.World.notifyNeighborsOfStateChange(World.java:532)

at net.minecraft.world.World.notifyNeighborsRespectDebug(World.java:480)

at net.minecraft.world.World.markAndNotifyBlock(World.java:419)

at net.minecraft.world.World.setBlockState(World.java:400)

at net.minecraft.block.BlockDynamicLiquid.tryFlowInto(BlockDynamicLiquid.java:173)

at net.minecraft.block.BlockDynamicLiquid.updateTick(BlockDynamicLiquid.java:152)

at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.updateBlockTick(WorldServer.java:574)

at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.scheduleUpdate(WorldServer.java:548)

at net.minecraft.block.BlockDynamicLiquid.onBlockAdded(BlockDynamicLiquid.java:295)

This is my generation class

http://pastebin.com/E6RCSu25

Here is the block class for it

http://pastebin.com/fCzuzC9X

Do not extend WorldGenerator directly.

Instead, have your class implement IWorldGenerator.

You can also seriously improve your method of finding a block-position.

Is the twigs supposed to spawn up top, like trees, or can they also spawn in caves?

If they only spawn with a clear view of the sky, you can use

world#getTopSolidOrLiquidBlock(pos)

. You can give it any valid block-pos, and it will ignore the y, and scan from the top of the world, down, for you.

I make use of several IWorldGenerators here.

Do note, I use a custom WorldProvider, ChunkProvider, etc. Ignore the parts of the code referencing those.

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.

in here

if (world.isAirBlock(new BlockPos(posX + offset(8, random), posY, posZ + offset(8, random))) && (!world.provider.getHasNoSky() || pos.getY() < 255) && Blocks.WATERLILY.canPlaceBlockAt(world, new BlockPos(posX, posY, posZ))) {

EoTLogger.logInfoMessage(Reference.MODID + ":" + "Generating Twigs.");

world.setBlockState(pos, ModBlocks.twigs.getDefaultState());

}

apparently they are generating in the sky. When i teleport to one its not there. [server thread/INFO] [eot]: eot:Generating Twigs: X:-276 Y:256 Z:-637

http://pastebin.com/VfGkyY3A

That might have something to do with this line.

int posY = (world.getActualHeight());

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

i am having one problem. I am using

BlockPos getY = new BlockPos(posX + offset(8, random), 0, posZ + offset(8, random));

int posY = (world.getTopSolidOrLiquidBlock(getY).getY());

sometimes the block will generate a block above the block its sepost to spawn on, and sometimes it will be up in the sky.

i am having one problem. I am using

BlockPos getY = new BlockPos(posX + offset(8, random), 0, posZ + offset(8, random));

int posY = (world.getTopSolidOrLiquidBlock(getY).getY());

sometimes the block will generate a block above the block its sepost to spawn on.

Use world.getSeaLevel() if it is supposed to spawn on water.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.