[1.10.2] Block Reach Distance (SOLVED)

Lellson

Hey!

I'm trying to increase the player's block reach distance but it doesn't seem to work. :/

This is my code:

@Override
public void onUpdate(ItemStack stack, World world, Entity entity, int itemSlot, boolean isSelected) {
	super.onUpdate(stack, world, entity, itemSlot, isSelected);

if (!(entity instanceof EntityPlayerMP)) 
		return;

if (isSelected) 
	{
                ((EntityPlayerMP) entity).interactionManager.setBlockReachDistance(20.0D);
	}
	else
	{
		((EntityPlayerMP) entity).interactionManager.setBlockReachDistance(5.0D);
	}
}

The setters only run on the server side. Could that be the problem?

Has someone a proper solution for this?

Thanks!

You have to do it on the client too, otherwise the client won't be aware of the extended reach.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Hey, I was making a mod, called "Reforged" and I made custom Reach for attacks with specific weapons. Here is my code: https://github.com/TheOnlySilverClaw/Reforged/blob/master/java/org/silvercatcher/reforged/ReforgedEvents.java You just need to replace some smaller parts of my code and then it should work :)

Bringing the best mod back alive! Our mod REFORGED!

Balkon's Weapons for 1.8: https://github.com/TheOnlySilverClaw/Reforged/releases

Hey, I was making a mod, called "Reforged" and I made custom Reach for attacks with specific weapons. Here is my code: https://github.com/TheOnlySilverClaw/Reforged/blob/master/java/org/silvercatcher/reforged/ReforgedEvents.java You just need to replace some smaller parts of my code and then it should work :)

Looks like a nice solution!

I should probably have checked this topic before I tried something new...  ::)

I actually fixed it a bit differently. The problem was the method getBlockReachDistance() in PlayerControllerMP, which always returned 4.5F or 5F depending on the player's gamemode.

I overrid that method in a custom PlayerControllerMP class and set the playerController field from the minecraft instance to the custom one.

Client Proxy:

@Override
public void setWeaponRange(Entity entity, double range) {
	super.setWeaponRange(entity, range);

class RangePlayerController extends PlayerControllerMP {

private float range = Constants.DEFAULT_RANGE;

public RangePlayerController(Minecraft mcIn, NetHandlerPlayClient netHandler) {
			super(mcIn, netHandler);
		}

@Override
		public float getBlockReachDistance() {
			return range;
		}

public void setBlockReachDistance(float range) {
			this.range = range;
		}
	}

Minecraft mc = Minecraft.getMinecraft();
	EntityPlayer player = mc.thePlayer;

if (player == entity) 
	{
		if (!(mc.playerController instanceof RangePlayerController)) 
		{
			GameType gameType = ReflectionHelper.getPrivateValue(PlayerControllerMP.class, mc.playerController, "currentGameType", "field_78779_k");
            NetHandlerPlayClient netClient = ReflectionHelper.getPrivateValue(PlayerControllerMP.class, mc.playerController, "connection", "field_78774_b");

RangePlayerController controller = new RangePlayerController(mc, netClient);

boolean isFlying = player.capabilities.isFlying;
            boolean allowFlying = player.capabilities.allowFlying;

controller.setGameType(gameType);

player.capabilities.isFlying = isFlying;
            player.capabilities.allowFlying = allowFlying;

mc.playerController = controller;
		}

((RangePlayerController) mc.playerController).setBlockReachDistance((float) range);
	}
}

Thanks anyway!

Are you sure it is that simple? Maybe in 1.10 they've changed it, but in older versions even if you set it higher the server would still limit the maximum reach. We had to go through a lot of trouble -- see my tutorial: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/p/minecraft-modding-extending-reach-of.html

If it works that easy now, I need to try it!

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

Are you sure it is that simple? Maybe in 1.10 they've changed it, but in older versions even if you set it higher the server would still limit the maximum reach. We had to go through a lot of trouble -- see my tutorial: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/p/minecraft-modding-extending-reach-of.html

If it works that easy now, I need to try it!

The client part works well for me.

I simply did this in my server proxy:

((EntityPlayerMP) entity).interactionManager.setBlockReachDistance(range);

I also had to use the PlayerInteractEvent.LeftClickEmpty event, send a packet and raytrace to attack entities from the new range.