Using Forge Remapper

Leviathan143

I am in the process of updating a mod from 1.8.0 to 1.10.2. There are of course many errors. The majority of these are due to mapping changes. I found and built Forge's Remapper tool; on running it I discovered that had a host of errors. For example, the gradlew.bat could not be found until I hardcoded the full file path.

Am I being stupid and missing something, or is this tool currently broken?

The tool works fine, you dont need to build it yourself you can find it here: http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/remapper

You should just be able to point to your project directory, IT DOES need gradlew.bat to be there.

And then it should detect a few things and let you select the update that you want.

This isnt the magic bullet tho, it wont do a 1.8.0->1.10.2 update for you as it wont do renames. But you can use it to convert to SRG names and remap after the update.

Or if someone has gone in and made a custom SRG for the updates you could use that.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

The tool works fine, you dont need to build it yourself you can find it here: http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/remapper

You should just be able to point to your project directory, IT DOES need gradlew.bat to be there.

And then it should detect a few things and let you select the update that you want.

This isnt the magic bullet tho, it wont do a 1.8.0->1.10.2 update for you as it wont do renames. But you can use it to convert to SRG names and remap after the update.

Or if someone has gone in and made a custom SRG for the updates you could use that.

Doesn't work unfortunately. I get this:

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "./gradlew.bat" (in directory "C:\Users\<User>\Documents\Modding Workspace\=Contributions=\betterbeginnings-MODIFIED"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
        at net.minecraftforge.remapper.GatherModInfo.run(GatherModInfo.java:71)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
        ... 2 more

gradlew.bat is definitely present in that folder. I'm running Windows 10 and Java 8.

this ? https://github.com/ModCoderPack/MCPBot-Issues/issues

look at closed issues  it documents all mapping changes

Disclaimer:  I been told to keep my opinions to myself, to shut up and that I am spreading lies and misinformation or even that my methods are unorthodox and or too irregular. Here are my suggestions take it or leave it.