programming an Item Event / get potion when opening a box (chest) named JadeBox

Jean

Hi,

I watch already some tutorials about how to programme an Item Event as when a player do this or that.

But I have a problem to program on Eclipse when for example a specific item gets open.

My item is a chest named JadeBox.

I would like when a player open this specific box (chest) he get some potion like for example more speed.

can someone helps me to write the rigth code and explain the steps which are needed.

Thanks in advance for your helps

Jean

Are you really talking about an item (still in hand) or a block (you had an item in hand, but it has been replaced by an object placed in the world).

If the latter, then you might be able to use the PlayerContainerEvent. I think it fires whenever a player opens a container GUI such as a chest.

The debugger is a powerful and necessary tool in any IDE, so learn how to use it. You'll be able to tell us more and get better help here if you investigate your runtime problems in the debugger before posting.