[1.10.2][SOLVED] Getting a Block Property by property name

hugo_the_dwarf

How would I get a property on a block that I know is going to be there, aka the AGE property. I've noticed anything with BlockCrops uses min 0 max 7 but things like nether wart, and beets are min 0 max 3.

What I'd like to do is check to see if a block has the AGE property, then get the current value, and max value. and compare the two

If(currentAge == maxAge)

I'm modding in professions so if the player is a farmer/lumberjack you will get more drops per harvest-able block broken. I need the age so players won't be able to exploit farming materials where the item is the seed (Potato, Carrot, N-Wart, etc) by just planting and breaking it at AGE 0 and getting more (so checking to see if it's a BlockCrop or BlockBush is not enough)

currently I have

int age = e.getState().getValue(BlockCrops.AGE).intValue();
int maxAge = e.getState().getValue(BlockCrops.AGE).MAX_VALUE;

Less of course that will work for any block that decided to register a Property with the name of "age"

This is how I handled getting the property with the name "age", along with its max and current value:

Iterator<IProperty<?>> props = state.getPropertyNames().iterator();
while(props.hasNext()) {
IProperty<?> p = props.next();
//lower case just to insure we're matching
if(p instanceof PropertyInteger && p.getName().toLowerCase().equals("age")) {
	PropertyInteger ageProp = (PropertyInteger)p;
	//do whatever:
	int maxAge = (Integer) ageProp.getAllowedValues().toArray()[ageProp.getAllowedValues().size()-1];
	int currAge = state.getValue(ageProp);
}
}

And if there are any improvements, I would be interested.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Thanks you two, and Dracos a special thank you I was trying to figure out how to get the bloody MAXAGE value,

I had this before your posted (and was about to post asking how the heck) age = e.getState().getValue(ageProp).MAX_VALUE; which naturally gave me the largest number an Integer can hold, definitely not the Max I was looking for

I'm also curious since my code once I finished it looks almost identical to yours, except for how we use the loop

I used:

int age = -1;
				int maxAge = -1;
				for (IProperty<?> p : e.getState().getPropertyNames())
				{
					if (p.getName().toLowerCase() == "age")
					{
						if (p instanceof PropertyInteger)
						{
							PropertyInteger ageProp = (PropertyInteger) p;
							age = e.getState().getValue(ageProp).intValue();
							maxAge = ageProp.getAllowedValues().size() - 1;
						}
					}
				}

Is your way of looping faster? or more or less the same (Iterator with While, mine is foreach). Thinking about it, when I find that info I need to "break;" out of my loop, no point in looking any deeper if I found what I want.

if (p.getName().toLowerCase() == "age")

You can't compare strings this way.

Well you can but its not going to work.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/513832/how-do-i-compare-strings-in-java

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.