[1.8+]Rendering Armor Differently

Elrol_Arrowsend

I am trying to figure out how to render the armor the player wears differently as the subject suggests. My intentions are to make the chest plate into a full body armor, and to make the leggings into gauntlets, so, I am trying to find out how to make the chest plate render on the legs as well as the chest and to make the leggings render on the hands like a pair of gauntlets.

If anyone has an idea as to how I would make this happen I would gladly like to know.

Thanks

I am trying to figure out how to render the armor the player wears differently as the subject suggests. My intentions are to make the chest plate into a full body armor, and to make the leggings into gauntlets, so, I am trying to find out how to make the chest plate render on the legs as well as the chest and to make the leggings render on the hands like a pair of gauntlets.

If anyone has an idea as to how I would make this happen I would gladly like to know.

Thanks

You will have to add your own render layer to the player and have it render when your items are in the armor slots.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Do you know of a mod that has an api or something that would make this easier? like baubles or Travellers Gear?

I am starting at version 1.8.9, then doing 1.9.4 and 1.10 so i need a mod that is also updated to these versions

No I do not, you will also need to create custom models that render over the arms. And you may not have to create a new RenderLayer and add that to the player, my mistake if so.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.