ModLoader mod in FML

WH-Reaper

Hello,

I have a little question. I tried to look for the answer in FML thread on minecraftforum.net and in FML FAQ, but I didn't find the answer.

If I make mod using ModLoader (simple one, only new block, item and onTick updating on client side) and someone loads it with FML, will it work in SMP? Some things found in FAQ indicated that it would work, but I wanted to ask to be sure.

Thanks in advance :)

Sorry for mistakes, English is not my mother tongue

It might not work becasuse even though FML and ModLoader are... almost the same, many methods from ModLoader were replaced with ones in the FML.

And even if that mod worked, that means that your client has ModLoader installed and that means that you are unable to join the forge server.

I mean if the mod (programmed with ModLoader, but works with FML on course), which contains only these few things, which are declared basically in the same way in ML and Forge, if when I install the mod into Forge client and Forge server if it will work. It might be stupid question, but I have almost zero experience with SMP. I'm basically asking if FML handles mods more like ModLoader of more like Forge (or simply if FML has SMP mod support)

Sooo... if I make simle ModLoader mod and load it with Forge into client and server it will work? Sorry to ask again, but I want to have it completely clear

EDIT: Hmm... it seems it won't work. Server crashed on addOverride method.

are you using forge api + ModLoader or you have made a mod in ModLoader and are placing in the clients side mod folder.

cause to use ModLoader in forge you will need to import it

import net.minecraft.src.BaseMod;

import net.minecraft.src.ModLoader;

and then use the normal code you have.

I made mod using ModLoader.

When I install ModLoader and my mod(copy it into mods folder), it is obviously only for SSP.

If I install Forge on client and use my mod(copy it into mods folder), it runs fine.

When I install Forge on client and server, server and client run fine.

When I install my mod (copy it into mods folder),server crashes at addOverride.

EDIT: The reason for the whole topic is simple. I'm asking if it is possible to make mod which can be played by people using only ModLoader in SSP, but still would work in SMP for people with Forge.

If the modloader mod does not rely on client only things it should work fine. FML does not limit ModLoader to just the client. Sadly, MOST ModLoader mods are NOT SMP comaptible.

This has nothing to do with FML, this is ModLoader and the modder are issue here.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

That particular function should be fine as IIRC its just nooped out for the server.

However, typically if they are doing that they are doing a lot of other client specific things.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon