Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forge MP, Bukkit and Minecraft 1.3

Kinniken

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of expanding that to something a bit more complicated (NetworkMod.checkModMatch(String)), but nobody has shown any interest in this particular aspect.

Lex, any chance of that happening? Thinking more about my future update plans I realise that what I really need is asymmetric compatibility - basically, when I add new features such as items or blocks, I can have the new client be backward compatible with older servers, but obviously not the reverse. With the toString() method this can't be done in any way I can think of. My only "solution" would be to keep the strings the same and then do my own check on start-up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• In 1.16, LootModifierManager#deserializeModifier read: private IGlobalLootModifier deserializeModifier(ResourceLocation location, JsonElement element) { if (!element.isJsonObject()) return null; JsonObject object = element.getAsJsonObject(); ILootCondition[] lootConditions = GSON_INSTANCE.fromJson(object.get("conditions"), ILootCondition[].class); // For backward compatibility with the initial implementation, fall back to using the location as the type. // TODO: Remove fallback in 1.16 ResourceLocation serializer = location; if (object.has("type")) { serializer = new ResourceLocation(JSONUtils.getAsString(object, "type")); } return ForgeRegistries.LOOT_MODIFIER_SERIALIZERS.getValue(serializer).read(location, object, lootConditions); } Note the if(object.has(type")){} block, which is lacking from the 1.18 version of the class: private IGlobalLootModifier deserializeModifier(ResourceLocation location, JsonElement element) { if (!element.isJsonObject()) return null; JsonObject object = element.getAsJsonObject(); LootItemCondition[] lootConditions = GSON_INSTANCE.fromJson(object.get("conditions"), LootItemCondition[].class); ResourceLocation serializer = new ResourceLocation(GsonHelper.getAsString(object, "type")); return ForgeRegistries.LOOT_MODIFIER_SERIALIZERS.getValue(serializer).read(location, object, lootConditions); } So, the "value" tag is required now for loot modifiers... fine. I added this to my loot modifer json files when I kept getting NullPointerExceptions. But when I use a valid "value" tag I get: [15:27:02] [Render thread/ERROR]: Couldn't parse loot modifier examplemod:add_structure_loot java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "net.minecraftforge.common.loot.GlobalLootModifierSerializer.read(net.minecraft.resources.ResourceLocation, com.google.gson.JsonObject, net.minecraft.world.level.storage.loot.predicates.LootItemCondition[])" because the return value of "net.minecraftforge.registries.IForgeRegistry.getValue(net.minecraft.resources.ResourceLocation)" is null at net.minecraftforge.common.loot.LootModifierManager.deserializeModifier(LootModifierManager.java:133) ~[forge-1.18-38.0.14_mapped_official_1.18-recomp.jar%2376%2382!:?] at net.minecraftforge.common.loot.LootModifierManager.lambda$apply$0(LootModifierManager.java:115) ~[forge-1.18-38.0.14_mapped_official_1.18-recomp.jar%2376%2382!:?] at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1511) ~[?:?] at net.minecraftforge.common.loot.LootModifierManager.apply(LootModifierManager.java:113) ~[forge-1.18-38.0.14_mapped_official_1.18-recomp.jar%2376%2382!:?] at net.minecraftforge.common.loot.LootModifierManager.apply(LootModifierManager.java:54) ~[forge-1.18-38.0.14_mapped_official_1.18-recomp.jar%2376%2382!:?] My json file is: { "type": "chest", "conditions": [ { "condition": "forge:loot_table_id", "loot_table_id": "examplemod:chests/modstructure" } ] } I tried printing the contents of ForgeRegistries.LOOT_MODIFIER_SERIALIZERS to know which keys I can use, but got: [15:26:13] [modloading-worker-0/INFO]: Printing LOOT_MODIFER_SERIALIZERS [15:26:13] [modloading-worker-0/INFO]: Printed LOOT_MODIFER_SERIALIZERS Is this a bug, given 1.18 is new, or am I not using these classes right?
    • https://forge.gemwire.uk/wiki/Capabilities#Attaching_a_Capability do the same thing but with LevelChunk
    • Yeah never figured that one out. Going to look into that a little deeper now.
    • So I just need to attach my code (I posted above) to chunks?
    • Capabilities all work the same regardless of their attached type (except ItemStack ones which are a little special).
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.