Minecraft 1.11.2 forge installer

bardkin

I have tried several forge versions and all of them do exactly the same thing- crap right out at start up.

I launch the client. I use the new green button at the bottom to choose which game I want ( i want the latest minecraft and latest compatible forge release based on minecraft 1.11.2) Then I hit play. The minecraft window pops open but it is blank with no writing and then the game crashes.

I can play the latest vanilla version.

I have the latest Java version- downloaded and installed it prior to writing this post.

One issue Ive had- and I dont know if this actually worked- each of the forge installations had an issue and I had to re-run the installer. It had a crash involving Mercurius. I think it was not responding to the download request or it timed out. the error message went too fast and wasn't very descriptive. I ran the installer a second time and it said it was successful. [ I am on a gigabit fiber optic internet service. My download speed is in the 800mb/s range. I am on ethernet, not wifi.]

please note that the latest.log and the installer.log may not be for the exact same versions-

I have tried installing 4 different forge versions:

forge-1.10.2-12.18.1.2017 and 2026

forge-1.11.2-13.20.0.2252 and 2228

Should any of those work? am I trying the wrong versions?

My machine:

Desktop computer.

Gigabyte GA-F2A88x-D3H motherboard; AMD A-10 quad core at 3.2 Ghz with 8Gb ram

Windows 10

Thanks

latest.log

installer.log

oh man...So ACTUALLY I have several worlds with several different forge versions all in the .minecraft folder. They are organized by folder- world A forge 1.7x World b forge 1.8x etc etc.. I forgot I pulled a mod folder out to figure out which one was giving me trouble and I must have left it in there...

Lol.. Thanks, I feel like such a noob...