Adding items "late" into the game

DrPiggy

Item registering can only be done at startup. So it isn't possible to register them when a client connects to a server.

You may be able to make a custom recipe which only works when you are connected to a server, but that may not be what you want.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

Just now, larsgerrits said:

Item registering can only be done at startup. So it isn't possible to register them when a client connects to a server.

You may be able to make a custom recipe which only works when you are connected to a server, but that may not be what you want.

well, i have an item that it's config allows you to choose a texture from a list, and that texture is chosen on the server that you are joining, so i thought i could register the item with the specific texture when i join the texture, if not, is there a way to just change the texture of an item when you join a server?

By choosing the texture what kind of texture can you choose ?

If it's only color modification, you can look into layers to recolor your item, if it's more complex, I'm guessing a IBakedModel type will have to come into play, but I can't help you with the model part :(

You may be able to send that config data from the server to the client, and then make a custom TextureAtlasSprite to use. Take a look at how the clock does its dynamic textures.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/