[Forge 6.6.0.518] When dropped items are picked up, they appear in armour slots

Apocalypsing

Minecraft 1.4.7

Forge 6.6.0.518

CodeChickenCore

NotEnoughItems

Forge NBTEdit (an ingame NBT editor)

OptiFine HD_U_D1 for 1.4.6/1.4.7

So I was in my survival world, doing the usual task of collecting XP at my enderman farm, when I was cleaning out my inventory. When I threw an unwanted ender stone block, I didn't see it being thrown away into the void. And I went to open my inventory to find that the block I had thrown had gone straight to the boots armour slot in my inventory, overwriting my diamond boots. I went to my ender chest to get some diamonds, and proceeded to craft a new pair of boots. After crafting them, I accidentally dropped them, and when I went to pick them up, they went to my leggings armour slot, overwriting what I was wearing there, too. I decided to individually test my mods, to try and narrow the problem down. eventually I realised that Forge was the culprit. I checked the FML logs, and there are no stack traces or anything serious there.

Explain to me how you're thinking this is forge's fault.

I've not encountered anything like this, nore have I seen any code that would explain this, the location of where picked up items goes is governed by code we dont even touch.

Unless some other mod you have installed is screwing things up, you're gunna need to figure a reliable way to reproduce.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon