Rendering Only a Model

OmniSapien

I need help rendering a model without a TileEntity, Entity, or anything else. Does anyone know if there is a class with a method somewhere in the Minecraft code that renders ONLY a given model with a texture without requiring anything along the lines of an Entity? If not, can someone point me in the direction of how to accomplish this? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!

If you want to render something it has to be, well something if it's not some kind of entity then what the hell is it?

Solve that one for us and maybe we can help you ;) Or else you could make it have a simple empty tileEntity without anything special inn it except that it is a tileEntity which can be rendered :P

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

As Mazatar said, you really need to give us a better example of what you are trying to accomplish. Where would this model reside within the game? An entity isn't a mob or person it's an object within the space of the game world. Blocks are also entities  :). Sorry if I sound like I'm patronising you, I'm just imagining you may have gotten a little confused on the scope of an entity.

TL;DR What is the model for?

If it's for a block, then use a custom block renderer or a TileEntitySpecialRenderer. There's nothing actually restricting what you draw with those to the space of one block.

Things to consider when choosing between these:

* If the appearance changes infrequently, a block renderer is more efficient, because it only gets called when something in the chunk changes state. However, any change requires re-rendering the whole chunk.

* A TileEntitySpecialRenderer is called for every frame, so it copes with animation better, but puts more strain on the client's frame rate.

I need help rendering a model without a TileEntity, Entity, or anything else.

I'm still curious to what the OP wants, and if hes still around I hope he either got help from the above answers or that he could clearify his needs :)

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

Thanks for the concern Mazetar :) And yes I did figure out what my issue was - the ModelBoxes were being loaded after the first render call had been made to the ModelRenderer therefore the OpenGL Display List's were being compiled before the Model was properly created. The fix isn't easy, seeing as the compile variable and the method for compiling models are both private in ModelRenderer, but I've made a workaround :)