Get Absolute Height of Creature

KurodaAkira

My problem is probably really simple, but I need the model height of an entity/creature.

BoundingBoxes usually are smaller than the creature actually is (for example the chicken bounding box does not contain most of it's head - or the Squid's BB does not contain it's tentacles).

I tried to find a method which can give this to me but had no success. Maybe one of you can help me out.

Thanks in advance

There is no way to know.

For example, with squids, if you included the tentacles, would that be while they are close in against each other, or when they're spread out? Both? Animated along with the visuals?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

.In a game like Minecraft, the mismatch between the visuals and the actual bounding boxes is part of the charm of the game. There are no exact hit boxes, and parts of models can overlap the nearby blocks or other entities. It is not meant to be super realistic.

If you really have a need for this, then for the vanilla entities you'd have to figure out the mismatch yourself and perhaps handle cases like Draco mentions where you know the model might be changing size. For example, a child entity is scaled down.

Basically I think for known entities it is possible to get pretty close, but just takes a bit of work and trial and error to get it the way you like it. But I don't think there is a generic way (like if you want it to work for other mod's entities). Or to be more precise, it would be a very advanced thing to do to inspect the models and figure it out generically.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/