[1.12.1] Triggering advancements via code?

Tschipp

Updating to 1.12:

I used to have achievements that got triggered when the player fed an item to an animal (custom Animal).

I looked through all builtin advancement triggers - is there no item right click or entity right click trigger?

I didn't find anything, so I've though about making the trigger impossible, and triggering it via code.

Is it possible to trigger advancements via code?

If that's also not possible, how do I create my own criterion?

• Like 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

8 hours ago, jabelar said:

I have a tutorial on custom triggering of advancements here:http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/p/minecraft-modding-custom-triggers-aka.html

Btw, your try...catch block can be simplified by using a multicatch.

Try {...}

catch(IllegalAccessException | IllegalArgumentException | InvocationTargetException e) { ... }

I also don't like the "just copy this class" but for what you're doing (single keyword triggers with no subkeys (e.g. "saw_bird" not "saw_n_birds","count: 10") and how complicated and how similar ICriterion triggers are, I suppose it's fine.

I would, however, point out the test() and trigger() portions of the code so that readers know what to look for when they want to do something more complicated.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

11 hours ago, Draco18s said:

Btw, your try...catch block can be simplified by using a multicatch.

Try {...}

catch(IllegalAccessException | IllegalArgumentException | InvocationTargetException e) { ... }

I also don't like the "just copy this class" but for what you're doing (single keyword triggers with no subkeys (e.g. "saw_bird" not "saw_n_birds","count: 10") and how complicated and how similar ICriterion triggers are, I suppose it's fine.

I would, however, point out the test() and trigger() portions of the code so that readers know what to look for when they want to do something more complicated.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, with tutorials there is a balance in terms of telling people to copy code or not. 

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/