How do i add armor effects

BTOWN360

No, learning java with making a mod, does not work

It worked for me pretty well :).

, especially if you have never programmed before.

but yep, it's not my first programming language. Going from C# to Java was sometimes unpleasant, but feasible.

mnn.getNativeLang() != English

If I helped you please click on the "thank you" button.

No, learning java with making a mod, does not work

It worked for me pretty well :).

, especially if you have never programmed before.

but yep, it's not my first programming language. Going from C# to Java was sometimes unpleasant, but feasible.

ย 

ya same, except I started with C++ before going to java

If you don't know how to override methods you should not be making a mod, but be learning java instead.

No, learning java with making a mod, does not work, especially if you have never programmed before.

please don't assume.

he may be asking the methods to add the effects

Also, I should have you know that you are reading my signature.

based on the fact that 90% of the questions seen on this side of the forum is about basic programming and that he did say hes not familiar with overriding methods. I'd say it's not to far a stretch for someone to say that he is unfamiliar to these principles, meaning he should read up on them.

ย 

please don't assume.

he may be asking the methods to add the effects

Well then he needs to specify his question if he does know OOP principles, beacuse:

could you be more specific??? i know i have to use the function but i don't know how

Seems like he is asking about how to override which is basic OOP knowledge.

ย 

i never say i haven't programmed before or that i don't know how to override the method.

And there the OP said he didn't know about Overriding a method, meaning he should go look it up before making a mod inn an OOP language :)

ย 

ย 

So to the OP:

Read up on inheritance and overriding and you should be able to figure out how to override a method of a base class.

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

i already know the basics of OOP i have most of it set up i just cant figure out this one error i have

this line in my main class is what gives me the error. i got the function registerServerTickHandler set up and ready to go. also the commonProxy class has all of its needs for this.

proxy.registerServerTickHandler();