Gradle doesn't support java 1.9??

tebreca

hello everybody, 

i just updated my java and setup my new eclipse but my commandpromt gives me this:

PS C:\Users\ewanm\OneDrive\Documenten\Nieuwe map\Eagles-Essentials> .\gradlew.bat setupDecompWorkspace

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Could not determine java version from '9.0.1'.

are this my environment variables or does gradle not support java 1.9?

this are the vars for PATH

Spoiler

Knipsel.PNG.bbef946bade4eef626b9afb6cf806709.PNG

this is the error i get while running it with stacktrace arguments:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not determine java version from '9.0.1'.
        at org.gradle.api.JavaVersion.toVersion(JavaVersion.java:68)
        at org.gradle.api.JavaVersion.current(JavaVersion.java:78)
        at org.gradle.launcher.cli.JavaRuntimeValidationAction.execute(JavaRuntimeValidationAction.java:32)
        at org.gradle.launcher.cli.JavaRuntimeValidationAction.execute(JavaRuntimeValidationAction.java:24)
        at org.gradle.launcher.cli.ExceptionReportingAction.execute(ExceptionReportingAction.java:33)
        at org.gradle.launcher.cli.ExceptionReportingAction.execute(ExceptionReportingAction.java:22)
        at org.gradle.launcher.cli.CommandLineActionFactory$WithLogging.execute(CommandLineActionFactory.java:205)
        at org.gradle.launcher.cli.CommandLineActionFactory$WithLogging.execute(CommandLineActionFactory.java:169)
        at org.gradle.launcher.Main.doAction(Main.java:33)
        at org.gradle.launcher.bootstrap.EntryPoint.run(EntryPoint.java:45)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
        at org.gradle.launcher.bootstrap.ProcessBootstrap.runNoExit(ProcessBootstrap.java:55)
        at org.gradle.launcher.bootstrap.ProcessBootstrap.run(ProcessBootstrap.java:36)
        at org.gradle.launcher.GradleMain.main(GradleMain.java:23)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
        at org.gradle.wrapper.BootstrapMainStarter.start(BootstrapMainStarter.java:30)
        at org.gradle.wrapper.WrapperExecutor.execute(WrapperExecutor.java:127)
        at org.gradle.wrapper.GradleWrapperMain.main(GradleWrapperMain.java:61)

Edited by tebreca
forgot to insert stacktrace

I don't know if Gradle works with Java 9 or not, but you still won't be able to use it because ForgeModLoader doesn't work with Java 9.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

J9 isn't supported for a lot of reasons, notably it completely breaks everything we use..

This is just another point, what EXACTLY did you install? As this is not the standard Java version format. It's actually erroring in the part of our code that detects Java 9 and yells at you it's not supported.

Because they changed their formating YET AGAIN -.-

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

9 hours ago, LexManos said:

J9 isn't supported for a lot of reasons, notably it completely breaks everything we use..

This is just another point, what EXACTLY did you install? As this is not the standard Java version format. It's actually erroring in the part of our code that detects Java 9 and yells at you it's not supported.

Because they changed their formating YET AGAIN -.-

J9.0.1,

newest,

im sorry for you, ill keep it at the newest java 8 JDK