IPv6 only please

Hyrikan

Hey guys,

i only got an IPv6 adress for my server. This other thread here in the forum talks about a line in the FMLTweaker, that sets java.net.preferIPv4Stack=true. For later versions i found commits, which disable this, as long as you set -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=false. However i use the version 14.21.1.2387 , the recommended for minecraft 1.12. What can i do now for disabling that line in the code? I really don't need it at all. Is there a way to modify the file? And where do i find it then?

I appreciate all help, thanks :)

I need the 1.12 minecraft version. Is it enough to just use a newer forge version for 1.12?

edit:

i updated to the latest 1.12 forge version, it seems, that it still blocks the use of IPv6. So i need a forge version for 1.12.2? or when does the ipv6 support start?

Edited by Hyrikan

hm yes thats what i thought from the beginning. I found the patch and i knew it was only from a certain version onwards.

Thats why i asked where i could find the file with the important line. I always thought java gets compiled in runtime and so i should be able to just edit the jar file. Or are there parts in forge, which are precompiled?

Like my initial question, just where can i find the jar file i want to edit?

I think i know better than you, what i want. It just seems like you don't want to help me with what i want to do.

I asked some simple questions, that interests me and may help me, but you don't want to answer questions you just want to push me to your solution.

It doens't matter, if you don't want to help me.  Thanks for the information, from which version on the ipv6 is supported.

Edited by Hyrikan

7 hours ago, Hyrikan said:

I always thought java gets compiled in runtime and so i should be able to just edit the jar file.

7 hours ago, Hyrikan said:

I think i know better than you

Humm.... I'm just going to assume you're actually misinformed but no, Java is NOT compiled at runtime. Java is all precompiled. So there is no files in the jar you can just 'edit'. Anyways.

The Observer issue is a bug that was fixed several months ago. Again if you would just update you wouldn't run into these issues.

As for 1.12 vs 1.12.2. Diesiben is correct, modders should update. Its only a minor change, if any, that they need to do. 

Please stop arguing with our moderators when they are answering your questions. 

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

the observer issue arrised for me, as i updated to 1.12.2 with the ipv6 patch. After entering my world, all the observers got that weird behavior. I also found threads, where they talked about a fix, thats why i was irritated. I will try it again and try to make no unnessesary steps, i guess i did something in between to mess that up.

And my question was another. It was, how i could edit the file and where to find it. He said i should just update, because there is already a fix. Not a direct answer, more like another option to get a similar result. Then i answered, that i probably need 1.12, that was, because i couldn't find 1.12.2 versions of half the mods we use. So i asked, whether a newer 1.12 version already has the fix. He even told me which version, which was really handy, because had i just updated to the recommended 1.12.2, the problem would still be present. Then he also told me, that there is no point in using 1.12, which is obviously just wrong, if i want to use mods, where the mod author was maybe just lazy to update to 1.12.2. So i made sure, that i am really not able to use the 1.12 mods in 1.12.2, to be sure, that there may be a point in using 1.12 over 1.12.2.

So i got back to my initial question, whether i could edit the file. I may not be well informed in the topic, how to edit files from forge. But why can't you just tell me, that it's quite some work to change a line in a forge edition and maybe point out some steps, why it is so hard.

I would be way capable of following rough steps, i found the files for myself but just stopped, because i didn't find the exact forge files for the 1.12 build i use, i just found a general 1.12.x heap of files to work on it. So because it was so much work to find out for myself i stopped.

But instead of that you kinda told me, that i am just too stupid so i won't have a chance to edit some files.

And maybe i would just have learned something, even if i wouldn't be able to reach my goal. But it felt like you actually don't want to deal with it. I managed to use a forward from my ipv6 input to ipv4 with 6tunnel. So thanks for the sparse info you gave me.