Crash on Startup

Chupp4Jo3

So when I tried to make a custom server for 1.7.10 earlier and, in short, it crashes as soon as I launch it.

5ebd2604ed2d8040b585656146068799.png.c156b705c43a9f55aac97ee5f5bffc1a.png

Contents of server window.

As you can probably guess from the location this is a clean install. Open the .exe, select install server, select destination, run mc_server.jar, run start.bat with the args: java -Xmx4G -jar <forge.jar_fileName>.jar. 

I'm getting this issue on my desktop and laptop with the current 1.7.10 forge and the recommended one.

As I said the install is clean with the contents of the folder just being the basic vanilla server stuff as I can't launch the forge one as I get this error before anything can happen, even log creation hence the lack of those. I'm thinking java version as I doubt both the installers and all the random old servers I found lying around on my desktop PC have suddenly developed the same issue. (and yes they did used to work)

thing.gif.8d5aa9205f03b3a09c61ed88c134a26d.gif

^
Gif of error happening as you can see there is nothing forge related except the libraries folder and the forge.jar and no log folder with anything in it. :(

Thanks in advance for any help going to sleep now as it's midnight my time but will check responses tomorrow.

• Guest locked this topic