1.12.2 - 14.23.1.2555 not installing .jar file

ajsst7998

I have done this; I have been running the vanilla version for months now. I also delated vanilla version for it to recreate that file and it still will not create a .jar file for forge. this is the first version of forge I had this issue with. 

• 4 years later...

Except for the part where the launcher cant launch the game without it. I keep getting an error that says the launcher is looking for the .jar file, and cant find it. you got a sassy solution for that?

• 2 months later...

OK, it is true that the Forge installer does not install a .jar file in the version folder.

The launcher does download a .jar file when it first runs that version, but sometimes the site that it's supposed to download from won't let it do what it needs to do.

I went to the site listed in the output and it said 'access denied', so I think it's giving the same to the launcher.

I suggest running a different version of forge, like the newest release, the recommended or another one if neither of those work You don't need to change to a different Minecraft version.

Edited by Jack-282
more helpful information, old reply unnecessary.

• Guest locked this topic