Glass??

TwinAndy

Glass, like a stock glass block in Minecraft? Just follow the basic block tutorial on the Forge wiki and the actual BlockGlass.java, but there's nothing fancy really. The transparency of the block is due to the texture itself ( in comparison: the ice block uses blending and is a bit more difficult to implement ).

Glass, like a stock glass block in Minecraft? Just follow the basic block tutorial on the Forge wiki and the actual BlockGlass.java, but there's nothing fancy really. The transparency of the block is due to the texture itself ( in comparison: the ice block uses blending and is a bit more difficult to implement ).

Its not just a normal block

You change your constructor to receive four arguments instead of two, so no wonder you get the error.

But the glass block is. You've asked for glass, you've got glass. What else do ya need then?

You change your constructor to receive four arguments instead of two, so no wonder you get the error.

But the glass block is. You've asked for glass, you've got glass. What else do ya need then?

I mean glass block

I mean glass block

:D Oh I don't know, then I suppose 90% of the blocks in game must not be normal to you. Fine then: a glass block is not normal. But I feel like I'm missing the point :)

That's basically what I've explained.

This is standard code. It seems like you need to learn how to program first.

class foo
{
       foo(int par1, int par2)
       {
        }
};

class bar extends foo
{
        bar(float par1, int p1, int p2)
       {
              super(p1, p2);
       }
};

Super calls the constructor for the base class.

If you have extended blockGlass then Super() MUST have the same number and type of parameters as the BlockGlass() function.

can you please explain this to me

Sure:

http://thenewboston.org/list.php?cat=31

Watch number 17 about constructors and number 49 about inheritance.

Oh and while you're at it, you should watch them ALL to learn the basics you need <3

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...