HeldItemToolTipEvent

jredfox

This event will be fired so users can change their held item tool tip. It sends in the stack and string and outputs a string for minecraft to then render and is cancelable . You can change the name of a block dynamic with tooltips but, not helditems I thought that would be the first event you would right.

Optional: send in an array of text lines with the bottom displaying on the hotbar and top x amount of indexes up for more advanced rendering. But, the second part is a suggestion I would be happy with just editing a string variable 

screenshot for people who don't know what that is

https://imgur.com/24oVrHd

Edited by jredfox

The held item tooltip that appears after you scroll/click number key above your hotbar. It's called held item tooltip from vanilla classes. This would allow modders without asm to dynamically change names of blocks/items in combination with ItemToolTipEvent.

Edited by jredfox

17 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

This would fall in line with RenderGameOverlayEvent, where it could be added. Feel free to submit a pull request.

I looked under all of them and none of them provided any text I used event.getLeft() and event.getRight() fire the text and they both returned an empty arraylist this needs to be it's own event

Edited by jredfox

There already exists a few ways to modify the tooltips for items.

This does not need its own event.

You also need to stop spamming our suggestions forum with useless ill conceived requests. Think though what you want, talk it over with the people in the Modder support forum and form a cohesive argument for what you want to add.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

13 hours ago, LexManos said:

There already exists a few ways to modify the tooltips for items.

This does not need its own event.

You also need to stop spamming our suggestions forum with useless ill conceived requests. Think though what you want, talk it over with the people in the Modder support forum and form a cohesive argument for what you want to add.

I think you misunderstood what tooltip I am talking about. I am not talking about the mouse highlight I am talking about the hud tooltip there is a screenshot there and it's unmodifiable if it's not your own item.

24oVrHd.png

Edited by jredfox

2 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

You did not read what I said.

Me and zDoctor looked for hours but, couldn't find any text for the event. I saw enum for hud render but, I never saw any text we printed everything either something isn't working or there is no event we tried all of the RenderGameOverlayEvent events. For the text event I printed e.getLeft() and e.getRight() text array lists and they returned empty array lists.

Zdocotor said he even canceled the events and it still rendered the hud text

Edited by jredfox

Just now, diesieben07 said:

I specifically said that it "would fall in line with". Not that it already exists. I then added that pull requests are welcome.

ok I will make a pull for this but, I wouldn't have a clue of where to change the base classes to change the text. It looks like the item stack determines the text at the last possible second but, I think that's where the forge event should be since all it is at that level is  text and not rendering as for gamerenderoverlay I am not sure but, I will try mine first

You can already do this for your own Items by overriding Item#getHightlightTip. FYI, the highlights are rendered in GuiIngameForge#renderToolHighlight.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

3 minutes ago, larsgerrits said:

You can already do this for your own Items by overriding Item#getHightlightTip. FYI, the highlights are rendered in GuiIngameForge#renderToolHighlight.

None of these Items I am messing with are my own items the point of a forge event is to stop people from replacing classes via asm and replacing via new system. I will look at this and reply shortly if I can modify the text if I can't why did you post this the most I can do is manually re-draw it and for a simple text edit it should be easier just like the other tooltip event so I would rather make a poll at that point

Edit the event you gave me does nothing it doesn't exist I am not replacing the gui in game to break render to edit text when it can be edited in a poll before the render

Edited by jredfox

Just now, jredfox said:

None of these Items I am messing with are my own items

You never specified that.

2 minutes ago, jredfox said:

why did you post this

You said you didn't know where the hightlights were rendered. Now you do. You're welcome.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

On 2/1/2018 at 10:52 PM, LexManos said:

Moved to modder support, you can already edit this message.

Please do your research before spamming our suggestion forums.

so you want me making a poll and code that's going to mess up forge rather then just making a suggestion so you can do it right in 2 seconds fine? There is no current event to altar the text I tried all of the gameoverlay none of them were for the held item tooltip

Edited by jredfox