Trying to make a simple rifle (1.12.2)

Yezgromafic

So im creating this map for a custom game mode which is supposed to represent a civil war-battered field with 2 opposing sides so i said hey, a civil war should include guns right? Since i couldn't use any of the gun mods i liked (Balkon's weapons mod, Old guns mod) because they got abandoned by the developers and were cut short after 1.8 version i decided to make my own gun mod.

Now i started simple, found some tutorials on item making and actually managed to make a rifle and a bullet. If you take a look at the above mentioned outdated mods, you will notice that the rifles behave exactly like the bow. They have the same animation, they spawn a projectile entity which damages a living entity upon impact (and travels quite far needles to say).

This is exactly how i want my rifle to be! The problem is, i cant find tutorials on anything similar. Some people told me to modify the bows code but that didn't work out well since i couldn't register my rifle as an item later and i was left clueless.

I really don't know from where to begin, and if someone more experienced (or anyone at this point really) could give me an advice, provide me a tutorial or at least point me into the right direction i wouldn't be able to thank him enough!

Not all of the gun mods were discontinued. Take a look at the 1.12.2 Modern Warfare mod. Here is the link: [Link Removed]

Keep in mind that if you want to update of edit mods you don't own, you must ask the owner first!

Edited by DaemonUmbra
Link Removed
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PulseBeat_02 said:

Not all of the gun mods were discontinued. Take a look at the 1.12.2 Modern Warfare mod. Here is the link: [link]

Keep in mind that if you want to update of edit mods you don't own, you must ask the owner first!

Seriously, dont link 9minecraft, its a scam website (http://stopmodreposts.org/ and https://github.com/StopModReposts/Illegal-Mod-Sites/blob/master/SITES.md)

• Like 1

@Yezgromafic

My Mod has guns just like that, its still in development though.

To make a gun

Copy the bow code to a new item.

Register the item with Registry Events.

Make an entity (bullet)

Register that entity

modify the item (bow) code to shoot that entity instead of arrows

• Thanks 1

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

9 hours ago, PulseBeat_02 said:

Not all of the gun mods were discontinued. Take a look at the 1.12.2 Modern Warfare mod. Here is the link: [Link Removed]

An update first came in my mind but in order to avoid that copyright riffraff i decided to make my own mod inspired by those mods as i said :P And modern warfare mod is great but its not something im looking for exactly, it seems way too advanced for me

2 hours ago, Cadiboo said:

@Yezgromafic

My Mod has guns just like that, its still in development though.

To make a gun

Copy the bow code to a new item.

Register the item with Registry Events.

Make an entity (bullet)

Register that entity

modify the item (bow) code to shoot that entity instead of arrows

@Cadiboo Im so glad im on the only one in this world with this idea :D Do you happen to have a discord man? I would love to try out your mod

@vpontin  @DaemonUmbra Oops, sorry about that. The download without 9minecraft is here on curseforge: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/vics-modern-warfare-mod/files

It's just that it is unfortunate that when I search up modern warfare mod 1.12.2, 9minecraft is the first result that shows up. I totally agree with you guys to stop mod reposts, it's just that I didn't realize until someone told me. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2018 at 9:33 PM, Yezgromafic said:

@Cadiboo Im so glad im on the only one in this world with this idea :D Do you happen to have a discord man? I would love to try out your mod

My discord is Cadiboo#8887.

I'm still making the mod, but you can have a look at some test versions here

• Like 1

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)