Custom Model Blocks (JSON)

Niinnnnnn

how can i learn how to create custom model blocks .json? any tutorial? without using 3d modeling programs, I would like to learn how to program the shape and textures of the block. I know how to do the simple, put texture and choose if it is cube all, orientable etc but not with different formats.
if you can a help me thankss!!

2 minutes ago, Niinnnnnn said:

without using 3d modeling programs

Using one is quite obviously the easy way of doing this, however just look at the model JSONs in the minecraft jar. It's relatively simple.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

1 minute ago, Niinnnnnn said:

how can I look at the model json

12 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

in the minecraft jar

assets/minecraft/models/block

assets/minecraft/model/item

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

1 minute ago, Niinnnnnn said:

Do you know where I can find a tutorial writing of preference?

Nope, I doubt there is one.

2 minutes ago, Niinnnnnn said:

I still do not understand

If you go into your .minecraft directory. Go into the versions folder. Open your versions jar. navigate to assets.minecraft.models within the jar file. I recommend winrar to open the jar file if you don't have one already.

The models are just JSON (JavaScript Object Notation) files. If you don’t understand JSON just google it. It’s a (semi-) efficient way to save objects to (and load objects from) files.

2 hours ago, Niinnnnnn said:

Okay, I've seen how it's done, but there's no way I can understand and do my

What do you mean by this? You can’t open the files? You can locate the files? You can locate your Minecraft folder? If you need help finding the files look at https://help.mojang.com/customer/portal/articles/1480874-where-are-minecraft-files-stored-,it would also be helpful to know what operating system you are on as the way to find them depends on your operating system?

I recommend using BlockBench to create the models and then tweak them as needed in the json files (changing texture locations i.e. resource domains). BlockBench can run in, and works well in, your browser - though it works best if you download it. 

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)