How to Help - 1.14 Forge

Sana36

Love Forge so wanting it faster I started to help with 1.13.

Suggestions:

• Updated the Rules and EAQs in Support with which versions are completely unsupported, so someone like myself can reply that it is no longer supported and take some of the load off. The same with any other updates if needed.

• Testing is currently all I can do to help directly, I am familiarising myself with the 1.14 release (very hard work in vanilla ? ) currently so I will know what is normal. Being able to know what you expect to be working, and don't, would be very helpful, I can't yet read PR well enough to understand what the effect of many of them will be. So a rough run sheet of what has been altered recently would help focus testing and then when it is ready for the full test, ie placing every block, braking every block, finding, taming and breeding every animal and so on.

Also I am learning Java through edx.org Microsoft: DEV276x (still can't believe I am doing a MS course or another programming language) but I am working through the usual hiccups of different versions. Some tips about what versions will be used in 1.14 and beyond would be appreciated.

My preference is for written documentation and I am willing to help consolidate and/or put some together. I have found and gone through a lot of documentation on forge in the last 6ish months.

Kind regards

Sana

• Like 1

The supported versions are the latest stable version and the one before that. So we still support 1.12.2 and 1.11. 1.13.2 isn’t getting a recommended release, so when 1.14 gets finished I’m pretty sure we will only support 1.14 and 1.13 we will support 1.14 and 1.12.2.

Edited by Cadiboo

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

So one question, two replies and two different answers.

I know enough of the people involved to be pretty confident the answer is currently 1.11 & 1.12.2 & going forward is expected to be 1.12.2 & 1.14x. But the overarching rule of the forum is don't answer anything you don't know for sure.

Is there a problem with updating the EAQs?

• Like 1

A sample replacement EAQ

Spoiler

Before Asking for Help

• Use the current offical installer. If it doesn’t work copy the installation log. (link)
  • Check you are using one of the two latest recommended Forge versions (currently 1.11 & 1.12.2).  Recommended versions are recognisable by the symbol next to their download. Legacy versions are not supported.
  • This is a support forum for FML/Forge only.
        • Go to a mod specific forum (whether on this site or another) to ask for help with a certain mod.
            • Not supported are mods that edit base files ("drag this into the minecraft jar").
            • If you are using a modpack, please ask your modpack maker (FTB/Technic/whatever) for support.
            • If you are using MCPC+/Cauldron or any other Bukkit-API server software, do not post here, post in their forums. For help with Sponge, go here.
            • Make sure you have not installed either ModLoader or MCPatcher (use Optifine instead).
            • Read the installation instructions for the mods you use. Mods often require certain other mods to function or require a specific version of Forge.
        • DO NOT ASK FOR HELP WITH FORGE MULTIPART. IT IS NOT A COMPONENT OF FORGE. Go here for FMP help.
  • This is a support forum only for gamers.
  • Buy the game, if you haven’t already. Support for "cracked" / "pirated" launchers will not be offered and you will be banned.
  • Failure to comply with these rules in this EAQ means your thread will be locked.

When asking for help No two problems are alike. DO NOT post or reply in an existing thread if you have the same problem/issue, make a new one. Include the logs needed. Do not reply to threads you think are related to your issue.

Things to do before you post:

• Read the "Common Problems and Solutions" section below. - it’s from 2012
  • Look at your logs before you post. Search for your issue (the first line of the stack trace is a good start).
      • If the top line of your error log does not contain net.minecraftforge.whatever or cpw.mods.fml.something, the reason is most likely not Forge, it's an issue with a mod you're using.

Things That MUST  be include in your post.

• Describe what happened, in general give as much information as you can. "It does not work", "I get a black Screen", etc. in no way helps us to help you. Some thing like “When I started minecraft, using the official launcher with version 1.12.2 - 14.23.5.2768, the world started loading but froze with no mouse movement showing in the screen. Escape still worked. I exited, restarted my computer and the same thing happened again.” Enable us to provide more useful assistance.
  • Include the entire log(s) needed. Use Pastebin or Github Gists to attach your logs to your post. Do not attach your logs to your post or use file-uploading services like Dropbox.
      • logs/debug.log (logs/fml-{client/server}-latest.log for versions before 2629)
          • found in your .minecraft folder / server root folder. 
      • For Mac Files are latest.log, fml-client-latest,log, launcher_log.txt and example crash log crash-2019-02-17_15.06.04-server.txt.
          • On a Mac standard install (2019) ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/logs contains latest and compressed copies of all ‘latest’ logs ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/crash-reports has reports of crashes and ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft the launcher log.
  • Use the spoilers to enclose stack traces and other long information: 

If you want to say thank you for the help or just love Forge:

Lex Manos does Forge for free, however the servers to run it aren’t free, so anything is appreciated.

Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/lexmanos

Paypal: http://paypal.me/LexManos

BitCoin: 1Q8rWvUNMM2T1ZfDaFeeYQyVXtYoeT6tTn

If you think you have found a bug. Please retry with the latest forge build available from http://files.minecraftforge.net before posting here.

• Is the bug repeatable?
    • Have you looked at all the help and suggestions above.
    • If you need help writing a bug report/support request, go here: http://vazkii.us/br101/
    • State what research you have already done (You should have done some, this forum is only for well-researched bugs!).

• Like 2