1.12.2 need help for my datafixer

TheRPGAdventurer

So i needed data fixer because an amulet item that stores the dragons and respawn them saving the nbt data like health breed stuff like has been compressed from 13 registered names corresponding to dragon breeds to one amulet itself. so i need to data fix them. Now it doesnt work so it seems like im doing something wrong here. Also the breed was saved in the amulets inititialize instead of the nbt (now it is) how do i add that breed in?

this was derived especially from ItemTotemRename.class, it doesnt have an initizlization and im not sure how

DataFixer: https://pastebin.com/41vi5n4J

Registry: 

package com.TheRPGAdventurer.ROTD.datafix;

import net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound;
import net.minecraft.util.datafix.IFixableData;

public class DragonMountsItemDataFixes implements IFixableData {

@Override
    public int getFixVersion() {
        return 2;
    }

// is the fixTag proper (I think this is the cause tho) derived from PotionItem.class
    public NBTTagCompound fixTagCompound(NBTTagCompound compound) {
        if ("dragonmounts:end_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
            compound.setString("id", "dragonmounts:dragon_amulet");
        } else if ("dragonmounts:nether_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        } else if ("dragonmounts:skeleton_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        } else if ("dragonmounts:wither_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        } else if ("dragonmounts:forest_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        } else if ("dragonmounts:fire_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        } else if ("dragonmounts:water_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        } else if ("dragonmounts:sunlight_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        } else if ("dragonmounts:enchant_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        } else if ("dragonmounts:terra_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        } else if ("dragonmounts:moonlight_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        }

return compound;
    }
}

Irrelevant: You might want to use something like regex to clean up that bunch of if elses.

Using sub-string to check if the last few characters equal to "dragon_amulet" would also work. Just don't use a bunch of if elses.

Edited by DavidM

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Irrelevant: You might want to use something like regex to clean up that bunch of if elses.

Using sub-string to check if the last few characters equal to "dragon_amulet" would also work. Just don't use a bunch of if elses.

i removed the else and left with only if statemets whats left to do it still doesnt fire up

12 hours ago, DavidM said:

public class DragonMountsItemDataFixes implements IFixableData {

@Override
    public int getFixVersion() {
        return 1;
    }

// is the fixTag proper (I think this is the cause tho) derived from PotionItem.class
    public NBTTagCompound fixTagCompound(NBTTagCompound compound) {
        if ("dragonmounts:end_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        }
        if ("dragonmounts:nether_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        }
        if ("dragonmounts:skeleton_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        }
        if ("dragonmounts:wither_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        }
        if ("dragonmounts:forest_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        }
        if ("dragonmounts:fire_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        }
        if ("dragonmounts:water_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        }
        if ("dragonmounts:sunlight_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        }
        if ("dragonmounts:enchant_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        }
        if ("dragonmounts:terra_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        }
        if ("dragonmounts:moonlight_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        }

if ("dragonmounts:storm_dragon_amulet".equals(compound.getString("id"))) {
        }

return compound;
    }
}

setRegistryName sets the registry name of the Item

setTranslationKey sets the translation key of the Item

none of them set the ItemStack’s NBT or the “id” in the ItemStack’s NBT

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)