changing angles with GL11

endershadow

It's really hard for me to change the rotation and position of glove model when my character is wearing it. does anyone have any tips on doing it? because I'm having trouble with it. I watched a video on setting up things like this, but ichun said that this part is different for every model. if anyone would be willing to give me any tips/restrictions on what the numbers can be or willing to set up the rotation for me would be appreciated.

glTranslatef  will move Your model. It's easy to figure out this one using some kind of bisection method (If You want to move Your model in X axis, but You don't know how big the factor should be, give it some value x1, then, if it's too big, give it x1/2 and if x1/2 is too little, give it x1*3/4 and so on until You got Your value). Just remember to use glTranslate after rotating and before scaling.

glRotatef will rotate model by angle (first parameter) using axis (three other parameters). It's easiest to give 0.0F to two axes, and 1.0F to one axis.

Glove model should be rotated more or less like this:

GL11.glRotatef(-55, 0.0F, 0.0F, 1.0F);

As arms are by default rotated 55 degrees around Z axis. Maybe some other angles should be applied to other axes, but I'm not sure.

Also note, that You should specify some offset (not texture offset) in Techne if You're using it, so that Your model has good rotation center. Otherwise, rotating and translating will be extremely tricky.