How to start (Yes, I do have basic knowledge of Java)

Anonymous1983

15 minutes ago, Anonymous1983 said:

Something about the tasks not found

Be less vague here. The error message is there to help troubleshoot.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

9 hours ago, Anonymous1983 said:

It said the two commands I was trying to run (genEclipseRuns and Eclipse) were not found as tasks in "Pokem" the root project (I did not make the project it was already there)

Ok here are the complete steps you need to do.

1. Download the forge mdk. Link is for 1.14.4
  2. After it is finished downloading extract it to the folder you want to write your code it.
  3. Once it is done extracting navigate to that folder in your terminal of your choosing. For ease on Windows you can right click open powershell here or in the file directory at the top just type cmd.
  4. Once you have your terminal in that folder run the commands "gradlew genEclipseRuns" and "gradlew eclipse".
  5. If they error give us the full error. If they say build complete or whatever you are ready to start programming your mod.
  6. If you are still wanting to use notepad/text editor; you need your code to be under src/main/java/
  7. Once you have your mod in a buildable state repeat step 3 but instead run "gradlew build" Your mod will be built and stored in build/libs/
  • Like 2

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.