[1.14.x] How to find out Forge progress for a specific MC version?

EM3R50N

Is there a sticky thread, GitHub repo or some other location where the "completion" progress of each version of Forge is posted? I try to wait until a specific version of Forge is mostly stable with the current version of MC before I updated my mods but at the moment the only way I know how to check this is to grab the latest forge/gradle files, setup a new project and look under the hood myself. How do other folks figure out how stable/"finished" each version of Forge is? Apologies if the thread/info is right under my nose here and I'm just missing it.

No. That doesn't exist.

The number can't even be calculated with any level of meaningfulness.

• Like 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

On 8/30/2019 at 9:01 AM, Draco18s said:

No. That doesn't exist.

The number can't even be calculated with any level of meaningfulness.

Thanks. Yeah - guess that makes sense now that you say it like that. I just never know how to find out if it's worth me trying to update my mods for a newer build of Minecraft without dusting off Eclipse, having my annual rage fight with gradle, etc ... only to find out Forge isn't really ready yet for that version. Guess I'll just keep trying every once in a while.

1.14.4 is pretty ready. There's a few things still being worked on (like data fixes, which will remap metadata'd items to The Flattening) but that's just a save-conversion problem. If people make new worlds, everything is fine.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

44 minutes ago, loordgek said:

from what i have heard it is not usable by mods. a external tool needs to be made,

Whatever the solution is, that's the one thing that does not exist that is kind of a "major point."