Extract library jars like ForgeGradle does for forge

rosshadden

The forge mod source jars are extracted into ./build/tmp/expandedArchives which is a directory that seems to work really well with my workflow. I am able to generate ctags using ctags -R and am able to "go to definition" kind of thing in vim using these tags.

I would like to know how I can do this for dependency mods I am using. I have dependencies working and can use them in code, but the source jars are not extracted to this directory (or any that I can find). I do see that the dependency jars are downloaded to ~/.gradle/caches/forge_gradle/deobf_dependencies so I have several questions:

• What makes the forge source jars specifically get extracted to ./build/tmp/expandedArchives inside my project whereas other dependencies go to my ~/.gradle folder?
  • Is there something I can add to build.gradle or elsewhere to make this happen for mods?
  • Can I get the source jars with .java files from mods when the jars retrieved from maven seem to have only .class files?

Any help on this would be much appreciated. I'm down to roll up my sleeves and definitely feel like I have as I have spent many hours on this already, so even little suggestions could be helpful if you don't know the answer to everything.

Source files are contained in jar files for java programs. There are plenty of archive viewers. And almost all IDEs natively have support for browsing sources from them.

The temp directory you found is just a stage of the MC code, not the full MC code you actually compile against.

And it's just a side effect of Gradle's poor jar management.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon