HELP. Need basic beginner help installing Forge on Mac OSX 10.8.1

Hi,

I have a macbook running the minecraft 1.5.1 for Mac and my OS is 10.8.1 and I cannot figure out how to install forge or what version to use. My knowledge is basic and have NO programming experience. I feel like I have read post after post about how people are doing this but EVERY single one of them is being discussed by people who already have certain pieces of forge knowledge already or seem to understand code and programming OR arent using any versions of anything relative to what I have. Also, it seems every link ever shown in those posts are producing an enormous list of versions but have not advice on which one to use. The short of it is that if its ok with someone here, I could really use some help that points exactly to the version I need and then tells me exactly what to do. I am trying to install this for my son (its probably obvious to you all by now that i am not a user) and my lack of ability to help the little guy so he can do mod and maps so far has proven frustrating.

Can anyone help?

Mike

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • So I've been making this custom modpack for a while now, I accidentally updated everything and now it wont even start the game past the launch screen. I'm sure there's a mod I need to remove or turn off--but I'm not sure which or if there is something else going on. As time has gone on (I'm not sure if this is related) but the framerates have been dropping into the single digits. I'm not sure what to do anymore except possibly start over... I've pasted the crash log it gave me below--I can't find what's causing it. Help please? https://mclo.gs/Bml06zJ
    • Hi, if you still want to see all player's commands, you can also use a plugin like Stalker Plugin for example ( see https://hangar.papermc.io/StalkerPlugin/Stalker ) with /stalk <player> you can directly see a player's commands or /stalkall you will see all player's commands (in game)
    • HOW I FOUND FAVOR IN THE HANDS OF SACLUX COMPTECH SPECIALST.    I was a victim of a phishing scam and lost 3.5 BTC to thieves. I had been investing in Bitcoin for a while and had a significant amount stored in my wallet. One day, I received an email that looked like it was from my wallet provider, asking me to log in and update my account information. I didn't think twice and entered my login credentials. Little did I know, the email was from scammers who had created a fake website that looked identical to my wallet provider's site. They stole my login credentials and drained my wallet. I was devastated. I had invested a lot of money and time into Bitcoin, and it was all gone in an instant. I tried to contact my wallet provider, but they couldn't help me recover my stolen Bitcoins. I also reported the incident to the authorities, but they couldn't do much to help. It was a hard lesson learned until I came across a testimony of a woman about how she got her stolen investment recovered by a hacker called SACLUX COMPTECH SPECIALST, I searched the name on Google and got their contact and contacted them, behold they got my stolen money back within  2 hours. Thanks to SACLUX COMPTECH SPECIALST for their great job. I invite you to visit their website at http:sacluxcomptechspecialst.com/ to learn more about their services. 
    • HOW I FOUND FAVOR IN THE HANDS OF SACLUX COMPTECH SPECIALST.    I was a victim of a phishing scam and lost 3.5 BTC to thieves. I had been investing in Bitcoin for a while and had a significant amount stored in my wallet. One day, I received an email that looked like it was from my wallet provider, asking me to log in and update my account information. I didn't think twice and entered my login credentials. Little did I know, the email was from scammers who had created a fake website that looked identical to my wallet provider's site. They stole my login credentials and drained my wallet. I was devastated. I had invested a lot of money and time into Bitcoin, and it was all gone in an instant. I tried to contact my wallet provider, but they couldn't help me recover my stolen Bitcoins. I also reported the incident to the authorities, but they couldn't do much to help. It was a hard lesson learned until I came across a testimony of a woman about how she got her stolen investment recovered by a hacker called SACLUX COMPTECH SPECIALST, I searched the name on Google and got their contact and contacted them, behold they got my stolen money back within  2 hours. Thanks to SACLUX COMPTECH SPECIALST for their great job. I invite you to visit their website at http:sacluxcomptechspecialst.com/ to learn more about their services. 
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.