[SOLVED] [1.15.2] java.lang.NullPointerException: Sending packet

Novârch

It's sad how much time mods spend saying "x is no longer supported on this forum. Please update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support".

5 minutes ago, Ugdhar said:

Also, you should post debug.log, it has much more information than a crashlog :)

Heres the log: https://gist.github.com/Novarch129/5f93bae9fc8c9b5dc7943cad95f1e0a1

I skipped all the lines that were just registries and chat.

It's sad how much time mods spend saying "x is no longer supported on this forum. Please update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support".

2 minutes ago, Novârch said:

I skipped all the lines that were just registries and chat.

I know that seems logical, but honestly modified logs are a bad idea, you don't know if you accidentally deleted something that was actually needed information.

*edit anyway, I don't see anything there, so I'm standing by my original thought that you should set some breakpoints and debug your packet code to make sure all the data is what you expect it to be and not null or something.

Edited by Ugdhar

Howdy

Looks like this is null

TrackedEntity::

public void sendSpawnPackets(Consumer<IPacket<?>> p_219452_1_) {
      if (this.trackedEntity.removed) {
         LOGGER.warn("Fetching packet for removed entity " + this.trackedEntity);
      }

IPacket<?> ipacket = this.trackedEntity.createSpawnPacket(); '<--- null here

Have you created a custom entity and not properly implemented createSpawnPacket?

-TGG

53 minutes ago, TheGreyGhost said:

Have you created a custom entity and not properly implemented createSpawnPacket?

Thank you!!! This was exactly what I needed!

• Novârch changed the title to [SOLVED] [1.15.2] java.lang.NullPointerException: Sending packet