[1.15.2] How to clear/reset the chat ?

McPqndq

Hello,

I already created this topic but scince 1.12.2 is no longer supported here, I updated to 1.15.2.

As the title says, I'm trying to clear the chat, I mean how to reset the chat, like when you enter a world.

Anyone knows how to do this ?

Edited by McPqndq

If you look in the code yourself  you may not have to wait for such a long time. But here it is: 

NewChatGui#clearChatMessages good luck ? 

Edited by Niprow

I will make fun of you if you are not able to look into the (vanilla-) code.

Oh yeah thanks ! I got it working.

And btw, how I am supposed to "look in the code myself" ? Idrk how to do this... 

Also, I found this in the forge javadoc : public void clearChatMessages(boolean p_146231_1_)  ... why do they have to give these weird names? 

And btw, how I am supposed to "look in the code myself" ? Idrk how to do this... 

If you're using Eclipse, in package explorer (where your src/main/java and src/main/resources are) look for Project and External Dependedncies:

Capture.png

The first one contains all of the main game code. This is where all the important stuff you should look through is.

The second one is just launcher code, which you can pretty much ignore 99% of the time.

The third one, "client-extra", is where you can find Minecraft's resources, like images, models, recipes, etc. It's a nice reference to have on hand.

Also, I found this in the forge javadoc : public void clearChatMessages(boolean p_146231_1_)  ... why do they have to give these weird names

The weird names like "p_146231_1_" are just auto generated names from decompiling Minecraft's code. Forge does its best to rename them automatically, but not every variable can easily be accounted for. I think the community can help contribute to the translation in the Forge GitHub.

Edited by Azaka7