[SOLVED][1.15.2] Using PlayerEntity#changeDimension without making a Nether portal

Novârch

I use PlayerEntity#changeDImension to change my player's dimension, I call this from a client to server packet, this works fine, but it always creates a Nether portal when I call the method, even though I've created a custom Teleporter class and overriden all of the methods from the default Teleporter. The custom Teleporter class looks like this:

Spoiler

public class DimensionHopTeleporter extends Teleporter
{
    private final ServerWorld world;
    private double x,y,z;

public DimensionHopTeleporter(ServerWorld world, double x, double y, double z)
    {
        super(world);
        this.world = world;
        this.x = x;
        this.y = y;
        this.z = z;
    }

@Override
    public boolean makePortal(Entity entityIn)
    {
        return false;
    }

@Override
    public boolean placeInPortal(Entity p_222268_1_, float p_222268_2_)
    {
        return false;
    }

@Nullable
    @Override
    public BlockPattern.PortalInfo placeInExistingPortal(BlockPos p_222272_1_, Vec3d p_222272_2_, Direction directionIn, double p_222272_4_, double p_222272_6_, boolean p_222272_8_)
    {
        return null;
    }

@Override
    public Entity placeEntity(Entity entity, ServerWorld currentWorld, ServerWorld destWorld, float yaw, Function<Boolean, Entity> repositionEntity)
    {
        return super.placeEntity(entity, currentWorld, destWorld, yaw, repositionEntity);
    }
}

In theory the above code should do absolutely nothing, but that isn't what it does. For more context see the Git repo of the mod.

Edited by Novârch

It's sad how much time mods spend saying "x is no longer supported on this forum. Please update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support".

1 hour ago, Novârch said:

I use PlayerEntity#changeDImension to change my player's dimension, I call this from a client to server packet, this works fine, but it always creates a Nether portal when I call the method, even though I've created a custom Teleporter class and overriden all of the methods from the default Teleporter. The custom Teleporter class looks like this:

Hide contents

public class DimensionHopTeleporter extends Teleporter
{
    private final ServerWorld world;
    private double x,y,z;

public DimensionHopTeleporter(ServerWorld world, double x, double y, double z)
    {
        super(world);
        this.world = world;
        this.x = x;
        this.y = y;
        this.z = z;
    }

@Override
    public boolean makePortal(Entity entityIn)
    {
        return false;
    }

@Override
    public boolean placeInPortal(Entity p_222268_1_, float p_222268_2_)
    {
        return false;
    }

@Nullable
    @Override
    public BlockPattern.PortalInfo placeInExistingPortal(BlockPos p_222272_1_, Vec3d p_222272_2_, Direction directionIn, double p_222272_4_, double p_222272_6_, boolean p_222272_8_)
    {
        return null;
    }

@Override
    public Entity placeEntity(Entity entity, ServerWorld currentWorld, ServerWorld destWorld, float yaw, Function<Boolean, Entity> repositionEntity)
    {
        return super.placeEntity(entity, currentWorld, destWorld, yaw, repositionEntity);
    }
}

In theory the above code should do absolutely nothing, but that isn't what it does. For more context see the Git repo of the mod.

All you need to get rid of the portal is to override placeEntity and return an application of repositionEntity with the parameter being false.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kaydogz said:

All you need to get rid of the portal is to override placeEntity and return an application of repositionEntity with the parameter being false.

Thanks, works perfectly!

It's sad how much time mods spend saying "x is no longer supported on this forum. Please update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support".

• Novârch changed the title to [SOLVED][1.15.2] Using PlayerEntity#changeDimension without making a Nether portal