Mod file says it's for an older version of Forge

Apologies in advance if this is an old topic, I searched the Forums and Google but couldn't find a solution or similar.

So I just installed a fresh copy of Minecraft on Windows 10.

• Installed Forge 1.15.2-31.2.0 with "forge-1.15.2-31.2.0-installer.jar" from this site
  • Downloaded latest Pixelmon Mod (Pixelmon-1.15.2.jar) in the Mod folder of C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods
  • Selected Forge install when running Minecraft, as below:

825368933_ForgeSelection.thumb.jpg.f983cd6a94cf2b1644ca79a418f55c7e.jpg

• Forge loads, but displays the following message that the PixelMon Mod version is incompatible with the loaded Forge.

185753146_PixelMonerror.jpg.ef5b8bdebf4165dee797198b7d727d5b.jpg

• The main Minecraft screen opens, and shows the Forge version is 31.2.0

1317012432_Minecraftopener.jpg.08e3a80a60eddea7a0fdf48488a49d89.jpg

Is the Forge version shown correct and expected, or should it show 1.15.2?

If the version is really being reported as 31.2.0, it's not surprising the PixelMon Mod thinks an earlier version should be used.

Thanks in advance,

Edited by MrIntarnet
Image removal

Where did you download the mod?

Judging by the file name, it seems like you downloaded the mod from a sketchy rehost site rather than the official site, resulting in the obtaining of a mislabeled mod.

Edited by DavidM

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

8 hours ago, MrIntarnet said:

Downloaded latest Pixelmon Mod (Pixelmon-1.15.2.jar)

You got scammed, there is no Pixelmon for 1.15.2, it has not been updated to a supported versions yet (which doesn't mean you can't try to use it, you just won't get help for it here)

*edit: Pixelmon website https://reforged.gg/

Edited by Ugdhar

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Hi, I want to make a client-only mod, everything is ok, but when I use shaders, none of the textures rendered in RenderLevelStageEvent nor the crow entity model are rendered, I want them to be visible, because it's a horror themed mod Here is how i render the crow model in the CrowEntityRenderer<CrowEntity>, by the time i use this method, i know is not the right method but i don't think this is the cause of the problem, the renderType i'm using is entityCutout @Override public void render(CrowEntity p_entity, float entityYaw, float partialTick, PoseStack poseStack, MultiBufferSource bufferSource, int packedLight) { super.render(p_entity, entityYaw, partialTick, poseStack, bufferSource, packedLight); ClientEventHandler.getClient().crow.renderToBuffer(poseStack, bufferSource.getBuffer(ClientEventHandler.getClient().crow .renderType(TEXTURE)), packedLight, OverlayTexture.NO_OVERLAY, Utils.rgb(255, 255, 255)); } Here renderLevelStage @Override public void renderWorld(RenderLevelStageEvent e) { horrorEvents.draw(e); } Here is how i render every event public void draw(RenderLevelStageEvent e) { for (HorrorEvent event : currentHorrorEvents) { event.tick(e.getPartialTick()); event.draw(e); } } Here is how i render the crow model on the event @Override public void draw(RenderLevelStageEvent e) { if(e.getStage() == RenderLevelStageEvent.Stage.AFTER_ENTITIES) { float arcProgress = getArcProgress(0.25f); int alpha = (int) Mth.lerp(arcProgress, 0, 255); int packedLight = LevelRenderer.getLightColor(Minecraft.getInstance().level, blockPos); VertexConsumer builder = ClientEventHandler.bufferSource.getBuffer(crow); Crow<CreepyBirdHorrorEvent> model = ClientEventHandler .getClient().crow; model.setupAnim(this); RenderHelper.renderModelInWorld(model, position, offset, e.getCamera(), e.getPoseStack(), builder, packedLight, OverlayTexture.NO_OVERLAY, alpha); builder = ClientEventHandler.bufferSource.getBuffer(eyes); RenderHelper.renderModelInWorld(model, position, offset, e.getCamera(), e.getPoseStack(), builder, 15728880, OverlayTexture.NO_OVERLAY, alpha); } } How i render the model public static void renderModelInWorld(Model model, Vector3f pos, Vector3f offset, Camera camera, PoseStack matrix, VertexConsumer builder, int light, int overlay, int alpha) { matrix.pushPose(); Vec3 cameraPos = camera.getPosition(); double finalX = pos.x - cameraPos.x + offset.x; double finalY = pos.y - cameraPos.y + offset.y; double finalZ = pos.z - cameraPos.z + offset.z; matrix.pushPose(); matrix.translate(finalX, finalY, finalZ); matrix.mulPose(Axis.XP.rotationDegrees(180f)); model.renderToBuffer(matrix, builder, light, overlay, Utils .rgba(255, 255, 255, alpha)); matrix.popPose(); matrix.popPose(); } Thanks in advance
    • Here's the link: https://mclo.gs/7L5FibL Here's the link: https://mclo.gs/7L5FibL
    • Also the mod "Connector Extras" modifies Reach-entity-attributes and can cause fatal errors when combined with ValkrienSkies mod. Disable this mod and continue to use Syntra without it.
    • Hi everyone. I was trying modify the vanilla loot of the "short_grass" block, I would like it drops seeds and vegetal fiber (new item of my mod), but I don't found any guide or tutorial on internet. Somebody can help me?
    • On 1.20.1 use ValkrienSkies mod version 2.3.0 Beta 1. I had the same issues as you and it turns out the newer beta versions have tons of unresolved incompatibilities. If you change the version you will not be required to change the versions of eureka or any other additions unless prompted at startup. This will resolve Reach-entity-attributes error sound related error and cowardly errors.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.