[Unsolved]Server Entity positioning Problem.

Busti

Hello,

when I spawn my Entity (which is basically an XP orb with noclip) it seems to ignore that it has noclip and will show up above the Block in which it should be. But this Problem only appears when I spawn it on the server. When I didn't register the Entity as Mod Entity (so that it doesn't Sync up to the server automatically) and spawn it on both sides everything seems to be normal except for the fact that it isn't respawning on the client when I load the world. When I spawn it only on the Client it won't glitch out of the block and it will run much more smoothly because its position logic is updated by the client. When I spawn it on both sides it will appear twice once inside the block and once outside of it because the server forces the client to render it.

My question is now: How can I get either the positioning logic to work or send the information about the entity to the client to let the client update its position logic by itself?

Here is a link to my code: http://pastebin.com/rNbFKnP5

I'm looking forward to any help.

Busti

:D

PM's regarding modding questions should belong in the Modder Support sub-forum and won't be answered.

Hello,

when I spawn my Entity (which is basically an XP orb with noclip) it seems to ignore that it has noclip and will show up above the Block in which it should be. But this Problem only appears when I spawn it on the server. When I didn't register the Entity as Mod Entity (so that it doesn't Sync up to the server automatically) and spawn it on both sides everything seems to be normal except for the fact that it isn't respawning on the client when I load the world. When I spawn it only on the Client it won't glitch out of the block and it will run much more smoothly because its position logic is updated by the client. When I spawn it on both sides it will appear twice once inside the block and once outside of it because the server forces the client to render it.

My question is now: How can I get either the positioning logic to work or send the information about the entity to the client to let the client update its position logic by itself?

Here is a link to my code: http://pastebin.com/rNbFKnP5

I'm looking forward to any help.

Busti

:D

How do you register your entity? Can I see the code of it?

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

this:

EntityRegistry.registerModEntity(PipeXPOrb.class, "PipeXPOrb", 1, this, EntityID_PipeXPOrb, 5, false);
EntityRegistry.registerGlobalEntityID(PipeXPOrb.class, "PipeXPOrb", EntityID_PipeXPOrb);

PM's regarding modding questions should belong in the Modder Support sub-forum and won't be answered.

this:

EntityRegistry.registerModEntity(PipeXPOrb.class, "PipeXPOrb", 1, this, EntityID_PipeXPOrb, 5, false);
EntityRegistry.registerGlobalEntityID(PipeXPOrb.class, "PipeXPOrb", EntityID_PipeXPOrb);

You only need the first registrar line, and your arguments (specifically the fifth) are wrong.

BEWARE OF GOD

---

Co-author of Pentachoron Labs' SBFP Tech.