(1.16.1) How to add another texture layer to chestplate

iSyriux

4 hours ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

Upper camel case is the correct formatting for file names. It should specify what the class is followed by a suffix of the object it's representing. In this case, you are making some power reinforced armor (im american sue me) so it would be PowerReinforcedArmorModel.

True, I've seen some others prefix it with the superclass name, which is also perfectly fine (and easier to spot/find), so ModelPowerReinforcedArmor is good practise too!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, iSyriux said:

Unfortunately, after doing so, I have still the same error I had a few posts ago.

Not trying to be rude, but you clearly don't understand Java enough to do this. You're trying to understand programming through modding by following exact along with whatever script is written out. We are over 100 posts in and you're asking questions that can be solved just by hovering over and reading the error. You don't even seem to be trying to understand what is going on. That teaches you absolutely nothing other than how to fail. If you can't adapt your knowledge and problem solve, you won't be able to learn anything.

So, for the time being, I will request that you stop modding and spend the next portion of your time learning Java up to the point where you don't need to ask a question relating to generics or constructors or anything that is well known Java. If you go about understanding multithreading as well, it becomes a much added bonus. Until you can answer the problem above on your own (as it's quite simple if you understood what generics are), then please take the time to learn. This forum is made to help people specifically with issues in Forge itself and not those brought about by a lack of understanding in Java.

Note: you don't have to listen to me and just call me a rude and curse me out. I'm also not stopping anyone else from helping you solve this problem. I'm just requesting that you actually spend some time on your own to understand what you're writing. Calling yourself a programmer is being able to use your knowledge to adapt to whatever program you are currently using/modifying. Without that knowledge, it will be nothing more than repeating the same questions over and over again.