Specific biome generation

Cyan

Hello,

So I have been trying with no avail to use the decorate function to make a nice looking biome, however I have ran into a problem. I can't really find a way to dictate where things are generated. So my question is, is there a way to make your generated mass spawn directly in the, oh say, the middle of the biome?

Thanks for any pointers!

Hello,

So I have been trying with no avail to use the decorate function to make a nice looking biome, however I have ran into a problem. I can't really find a way to dictate where things are generated. So my question is, is there a way to make your generated mass spawn directly in the, oh say, the middle of the biome?

Thanks for any pointers!

The problem about this is that you can't get the size of a generated biome. You can force your generation so that it doesn't generate if it's too close to an other biome, but EXACTLY the middle of the biome is pretty impossible due to the fact that the world gen is pretty much randomized.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Hello,

Thanks for any pointers!

The problem about this is that you can't get the size of a generated biome. You can force your generation so that it doesn't generate if it's too close to an other biome, but EXACTLY the middle of the biome is pretty impossible due to the fact that the world gen is pretty much randomized.

You could take the average location of all the blocks in that biome... which would be a lengthy process, especially in Large Biomes. Or perhaps there is a "seed block"?

Alternatively, if you just don't want it to be too close to the edge, you could do a check on all blocks within a certain radius.

BEWARE OF GOD

---

Co-author of Pentachoron Labs' SBFP Tech.