Container#mergeItemStack is not sensitive for IInventory#isStackValidForSlot

WorldsEnder

I think this is pretty much an issue. I mean what does isStackValidForSlot has to do if not tell other people whether or not the stack is valid for the slot? And in the mergeItemStack method this doesn't get checked. Items are just put into the slots which is pretty much not what I want :)

I just found out that really NOTHING (but the hopper) calls this method anyways. This would be a light change I guess. So why do you write such a method if you don't use it anyways?

False. This method is called whenever you shift-click on an item. I actually redefined this method for this exact purpose.

BEWARE OF GOD

---

Co-author of Pentachoron Labs' SBFP Tech.

isStackValidForSlot is (once again) just a stupid MCP name. It should be canAutomationInsert or something like that. It should at least indicate that this method is indicated for automation purposes (e.g. the hopper).

Oh, ha ha. I was thinking of isItemValid() in the slot class. Which I believe should be checked in mergeItemStack. Besides, I had thought he had meant that nothing called mergeItemStack() besides the hopper.

BEWARE OF GOD

---

Co-author of Pentachoron Labs' SBFP Tech.