Lily pads being generated on custom block in custom biome [1.15.2]

foonicular

So I recently created a moss biome, kind of like a lush swamp, and the custom moss block I made is the top block. I have the block return true for canSustainPlants() and I don't know if that's the problem. (Just in case I still haven't made it clear, the lily pads in my biome are generating on top of my custom block. I don't want that.) So do I have to put something in the biome's generation to tell it not to generate lily pads on my block? Or do I have to do something more advanced in the canSustainPlants function. Thanks to all of those who help.

GitHub --> https://github.com/Foonicular/AMCMod

Edited by foonicular
Added Version and GitHub link

If you do not intend to place lily pads on your moss blocks, then instead of just making canSustainPlants return true always. make it return true only if the block being placed on is not a lily pad. This way lily pads shouldn't be able to generate on top of your moss block during world generation

Edited by Beethoven92

Check out the port of the BetterEnd fabric mod (WIP): https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/betterend-forge-port

Just figured it out, thanks! For anyone who looks at this I used this:

@Override
	   public boolean canSustainPlant(BlockState state, IBlockReader world, BlockPos pos, Direction facing, net.minecraftforge.common.IPlantable plantable) {
	       net.minecraftforge.common.PlantType type = plantable.getPlantType(world, pos.offset(facing));

switch (type) {
	           case Desert: return false;
	           case Nether: return false;
	           case Crop:   return false;
	           case Cave:   return false;
	           case Plains: return true;
	           case Water:  return false;
	           case Beach:
	               boolean isBeach = this.getBlock() == Blocks.GRASS_BLOCK || net.minecraftforge.common.Tags.Blocks.DIRT.contains(this) || this.getBlock() == Blocks.SAND;
	               boolean hasWater = (world.getBlockState(pos.east()).getMaterial() == Material.WATER ||
	                       world.getBlockState(pos.west()).getMaterial() == Material.WATER ||
	                       world.getBlockState(pos.north()).getMaterial() == Material.WATER ||
	                       world.getBlockState(pos.south()).getMaterial() == Material.WATER);
	               return isBeach && hasWater;
	       }
	       return false;
	   }

Edited by foonicular