Minecaft 1.6.1 dosen t launch ( with installer)- "gave up tryig to download xxx"

enricogp

I used the forge installer ( not the .jar) to install forge, but whenever I try to launch my minecraft (with the forge profile) it says "Gave up trying to download xxx" xxx=some libraries and stuff. In another forum they said me that the "gave up xxx" was normal, but I don t think that minecraft not launching would be normal... I mean, you click on plya or play offline, it loads all the stuff and then it says "gave up trying to download " then...Minecraft won t start...

The librries it can t download are " http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/libraries/org/scala-lang/scala-compiler/2.10.2/scala-compiler-2.10.2.jar for job 'Version & Libraries' " becuase it gives a "java.lang.RuntimeException: Server responded with 404" Below is the post with all the error-crash-idk:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Server responded with 404

at net.minecraft.launcher.updater.download.Downloadable.download(Downloadable.java:65)

at net.minecraft.launcher.updater.download.DownloadJob.popAndDownload(DownloadJob.java:83)

at net.minecraft.launcher.updater.download.DownloadJob.access$000(DownloadJob.java:10)

at net.minecraft.launcher.updater.download.DownloadJob$1.run(DownloadJob.java:65)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Everyone and his dog is trying to install the new forge for 1.6.1, this has caused severe lag to any and all servers that necessary files for forge get pulled from, which also means these servers end up having unavailable bandwidth at some point.

Be more patient, wait a little, and then try to install again, it will work eventually.

Everyone and his dog is trying to install the new forge for 1.6.1, this has caused severe lag to any and all servers that necessary files for forge get pulled from, which also means these servers end up having unavailable bandwidth at some point.

Be more patient, wait a little, and then try to install again, it will work eventually.

Im trying to download this since yesterday, and I can t play in any another profiles with this bug.But I guess i ll just be more pacient. Thanks by answering me! :)

Reload your launcher, this is a bug that has been fixed in mojangs launcher. They add a 'libraries' to the path when there shouldnt be any.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon