[1.15.2] Order of vanilla terrain generation stages?

Asleep365

I'm making modifications to vanilla blocks from world generation, and due to issues related to overwriting vanilla blocks I need to access all blocks of the type after they are finished generating to prevent any glitched blocks. In particular, I'm making modifications to dirt, cobble, and sugarcane. There doesn't seem to be any issue with generation of structures (village, dungeon etc) so I won't need to access those post-generation. I don't think other mod generation of these resources should cause glitches, but I'll deal with it when the situation arises.

To my knowledge, cobblestone only generates in structures and are thus not a concern (mossy cobble doesn't count); sugarcane generates during the VEGETAL_DECORATION stage, and dirt generation occurs in the RAW_GENERATION and UNDERGROUND_ORE stages. I'm pretty sure the generation stages go RAW_GENERATION > UNDERGROUND_ORE > VEGETAL_DECORATION, but that still leaves out UNDERGROUND_DECORATION, LOCAL_MODIFICATIONS, SURFACE_STRUCTURES, TOP_LAYER_MODIFICATIONS, and UNDERGROUND_STRUCTURES. For now I only need a stage that occurs after VEGETAL_DECORATION if possible, but knowledge of the where the other stages fit into generation would be very helpful in reducing potential generation weirdness.

Edited by Asleep365

the order is RAW_GENERATION, LAKES, LOCAL_MODIFICATIONS, UNDERGROUND_STRUCTURES, SURFACE_STRUCTURES,
STRONGHOLDS, UNDERGROUND_ORES, UNDERGROUND_DECORATION, VEGETAL_DECORATION, TOP_LAYER_MODIFICATION

oops, that is 1.16 order, here is the 1.15 order

RAW_GENERATION, LOCAL_MODIFICATIONS, UNDERGROUND_STRUCTURES, SURFACE_STRUCTURES,
UNDERGROUND_ORES, UNDERGROUND_DECORATION, VEGETAL_DECORATION, TOP_LAYER_MODIFICATION

Edited by lupicus