How can I expand upon a existing Mod?

Bloodheaven

Hey there,

[1.16.5-36.0.58] + [IntelliJ IDEA]

how can I interact with Mods in my own created Mod?

For example If I want to add a Crafting Recipe with a specific Item / Block from a different Mod that results in one of my custom made Items.

I tried to put the Different_Mod.jar in "Workspace\ModName\run\mods" but that doesnt seem to work it always ends up in a crash if I try to start the Project. (Is it normal that if you put mods in there it starts to crash when trying to launch?)

Anyone here that can help me out?

PS: Image below is just when I start to add the Different_Mod.jar in the mods folder within the Project, frequently happens to any mod I put in there.

weird.png

Edited by Bloodheaven

13 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

You have to use fg.deobf in your gradle dependency, because mods get obfuscated when building and cannot work in a dev env anymore after that.

13 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

You have to use fg.deobf in your gradle dependency, because mods get obfuscated when building and cannot work in a dev env anymore after that.

I dont seem to find it, do you mean in this box in the picture? I am quite new in creating Mods.

dunno.png

1 hour ago, diesieben07 said:

No, in your build.gradle.

How did you add the mod to your workspace?

I did not add the mod to the workspace because I dont know how to, I cant simply add a .jar file to a project or can I? Or do I have to put the .class files inside the .jar file into my project and if so how would I approach this?

PS: I just downloaded the MDK renamed it, opened IntelliJ open as Project it started downloading and then I went through some mod creation tutorials.

Edited by Bloodheaven
Additional Info

It's worth noting that you'll need to find "Different Mod"'s gradle repository (in my case jitpack), and add it to your dependencies. (If you haven't removed them already, there will be a bunch of comments here with examples too.)

Here I am importing a (currently unreleased) mod of mine called LabKore on version 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT from GitHub.

repositories {
	maven { url 'https://jitpack.io' }
}

dependencies {
    minecraft 'net.minecraftforge:forge:1.16.5-36.0.54'

implementation fg.deobf('com.github.ThatBlockyPenguin:LabKore:v1.3.0-SNAPSHOT')
}

I hope that helps!

Today (22/10/20) I reached 100 posts!

I'm probably more excited than I should be for something so realistically minor...