Help to add extra furnace input slot (mc 1.4.7, forgeMC 1.4.7)

EarthGuardian

Hello, sorry in advance I'm not very good at typing in English.

I'm sitting on a problem I can't seem to find the components to add 1 more input slot for the furnace.

instead of 1 input I want to add another input slot in order to "burn" 2 different block into 1 new block (which I made already).

and i made my own furnace with gui ect.

I can't seem to find a tutorial that does that. implement another input slot for the furnace that works with the recipes for 2 inputs.

hope you guys know what I mean and can help me?

greets,

Earth

Inventory of 4 slots instead of three.

If isRecipeFor(itemInSlot1, itemInSlot2)

Smelt into result.

The isRecipeFor() would just check if there are any stored recipe for the combo.

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

Inventory of 4 slots instead of three.

If isRecipeFor(itemInSlot1, itemInSlot2)

Smelt into result.

The isRecipeFor() would just check if there are any stored recipe for the combo.

you mean like this ??

if (isRecipeFor(itemInSlot1, itemInSlot2))
    	{

}

how do i load the slot isto those 2 varables than ?? "itemInSlot1"

and how am i able to use this part to get the recipes i want ??

greets

huh ... the recipes are from addsmelting .... like in the furnace .. but that lets you add only 1 input en return is as true if its a recipe for slot 0 (the first input slot)

i don't have a clue to implement that piece of code on there .. because the furnace smelting process goes true tileentity, container for the slots and the recipes true tileentity ..

can you give me more hints ???

greets

yes and that's why you need to create your own version of it.

You need your self coded recipes handling methods and ways for your own tile entity to interact with the inventory it contains and smelt like a furnace would.

Do you fully understand everything that happens in the TileEntityFurnace? (aka. do you know EXACTLY how and why the vanilla furnace works?)

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

well i think i know about 60-70% from the tile entityfurnace ...

i think that's why it hard to implement my own 2e inputslot .. iv been trying to add 2e one

i did succeed it worked with recipe and every thing ...

but there was a huge problem with it .. it could only handle the 1 recipe xD .. or it has to have recipes with blocks/items that are not in the first recipe..

so a huge bug there ..

just an example i want to use planks(tile.wood.oak) and cobblestone(tile.stonebrick)  burning with my burn items into a new block planks with the aspect of cobble so it wont burn.

that's the general idea ..

i got that working

but when i want to add a recipe like glass and cobble. it wouldn't work :( because it has cobble in it and the furnace used only first input slot as a reference to the recipe ..

i couldn't make it to work it would use both inputslots at the same time as a reference to the recipe .. :(

greets