Client-side event when player joins a singleplayer/multiplayer server

Arkyo

9 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

ClientPlayerNetworkEvent.LoggedInEvent

Thanks, I'm trying to use the event to determine whether a player has joined an integrated/dedicated server, but it seems that `LocalPlayer` has no `getServer()` and thus I can't use `MinecraftServer#isDedicatedServer`

It crashes with `NoSuchMethodError` when i join an inte/dedi server

@SubscribeEvent
public static void onJoin(ClientPlayerNetworkEvent.LoggedInEvent event) {
	String serverType = event.getPlayer().getServer().isDedicatedServer() ? "Multiplayer" : "Singleplayer";
}

Edited by Arkyo

2 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

The event has getConnection. Connection#isMemoryConnection will tell you if this is a single player connection. Note that when "open the LAN" is selected, other players joining will see it as a normal server, not "single player".

I don't think it has `getConnection()` ... Both IntelliJ and javadoc didn't show a `getConnection()` for LoggedInEvent

EDIT: there is a getNetworkManager() for this event which returns a Connection. However event.getNetworkManager().isMemoryConnection() still throws NoSuchMethodError

Edited by Arkyo

3 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

getConnection definitely exists. Show your code and the error.

Imgur

And this is the error line in crash report when I used event.getNetworkManager().isMemoryConnection():

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'boolean net.minecraft.network.Connection.isMemoryConnection()'

1 hour ago, diesieben07 said:

1.17.1 is no longer a supported versions. Currently supported versions are 1.18.1 (Latest) and 1.16.5 (LTS).

yeah, but even if I backport it to 1.16.5, updated the build.gradle and reloaded the project, there is still no event.getConnection().