I need help figuring out how to apply the emerald ore generation to my custom ore

TYPyz

Hello, I'm new to modding I just started a Java course and I wanted to put into practice what little I learned by creating a simple Minecraft mod. I didn't think creating a mod required all this Java knowledge (which I don't have) so I followed various tutorials on how to set up the workspace and to create the bases that is a custom block, a custom item and how to make the block spawn in the world. Now I would like to make the block spawn in the world more infrequently and in 1 block veins. To do this I realized that I should use "Feature.EMERALD_ORE" and "ReplaceBlockConfig" instead of "Feature.ORE" and "oreFeatureConfig". Unfortunately I couldn't find any tutorial or examples on how to use the emerald feature, I've also tried to look at how mojang adds it to minecraft and I didn't figure out how to adapt it to my mod.
Any help is welcome, if you have any examples to show me I would be super grateful and in case you want to take a look at my code I'm pushing everything I do on my github
https://github.com/TYPyz/dNode

first of all there are a lot of threads with these topic, just search in the Forge
second you can take a look at the vanilla Ore generation, OreFeatures and OrePlacements are the classes you should look at
note that you need to register the Features and Placements in FMLCommonSetupEvent and add them via BiomeLoadingEvent

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • A friend found this code, but I don't know where. It seems to be very outdated, maybe from 1.12? and so uses TextureManager$loadTexture and TextureManager$deleteTexture which both don't seem to exist anymore. It also uses Minecraft.getMinecraft().mcDataDir.getCanonicalPath() which I replaced with the resource location of my texture .getPath()? Not sure if thats entirely correct. String textureName = "entitytest.png"; File textureFile = null; try { textureFile = new File(Minecraft.getMinecraft().mcDataDir.getCanonicalPath(), textureName); } catch (Exception ex) { } if (textureFile != null && textureFile.exists()) { ResourceLocation MODEL_TEXTURE = Resources.OTHER_TESTMODEL_CUSTOM; TextureManager texturemanager = Minecraft.getMinecraft().getTextureManager(); texturemanager.deleteTexture(MODEL_TEXTURE); Object object = new ThreadDownloadImageData(textureFile, null, MODEL_TEXTURE, new ImageBufferDownload()); texturemanager.loadTexture(MODEL_TEXTURE, (ITextureObject)object); return true; } else { return false; }   Then I've been trying to go through the source code of the reload resource packs from minecraft, to see if I can "cache" some data and simply reload some textures and swap them out, but I can't seem to figure out where exactly its "loading" the texture files and such. Minecraft$reloadResourcePacks(bool) seems to be mainly controlling the loading screen, and using this.resourcePackRepository.reload(); which is PackRepository$reload(), but that function seems to be using this absolute confusion of a line List<String> list = this.selected.stream().map(Pack::getId).collect(ImmutableList.toImmutableList()); and then this.discoverAvailable() and this.rebuildSelected. The rebuild selected seemed promising, but it seems to just be going through each pack and doing this to them? pack.getDefaultPosition().insert(list, pack, Functions.identity(), false); e.g. putting them into a list of packs and returning that into this.selected? Where do the textures actually get baked/loaded/whatever? Any info on how Minecraft reloads resource packs or how the texture manager works would be appreciated!
    • This might be a long shot , but do you remember how you fixed that?
    • Yeah, I'll start with the ones I added last night.  Wasn't crashing until today and wasn't crashing at all yesterday (+past few days since removing Cupboard), so deductive reasoning says it's likeliest to be one of the new ones.  A few horse armor mods and a corn-based add-on to Farmer's Delight, the latter which I hope to keep - I could do without the horse armor mods if necessary.  Let me try a few things and we'll see. 
    • Add crash-reports with sites like https://mclo.gs/ Add this mod: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/packet-fixer/files/5416165
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.