Items that require a forge tag among the ingredients in the crafting recipe are displayed as empty tag (Forge Ver: 40.1.0)

ItzMily

There is a bug in which an item that requires a forge tag (for example, forge:milk, forge:fruits, forge:raw_meats) is displayed as an empty tag among the crafting recipes of several mods.
It works fine in version 1.18.1 (forge version: 39.1.2), but the bug occurs in version 1.18.2 (forge version: 40.1.0).

I'm reporting it here because it seems to be a bug in Forge and it's a bit iffy to say it's a bug in different mods or minecraft itself, but I'm not really sure.

This is most  likely an issue with JEI's caching of  the recipe items not properly taking the tag changes in 1.18.2 into account.
Try to reproduce the issue without JEI, using the normal recipe book/testing the recipes.

Or it could be some other mod resolving the tags way to early . Tags were the big change in 1.18.2, some mods may have not addressed those changes.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

12 hours ago, LexManos said:

This is most  likely an issue with JEI's caching of  the recipe items not properly taking the tag changes in 1.18.2 into account.
Try to reproduce the issue without JEI, using the normal recipe book/testing the recipes.

Or it could be some other mod resolving the tags way to early . Tags were the big change in 1.18.2, some mods may have not addressed those changes.

Wbawl1u.png

after I tested it without jei, It still doesn't work and I got it doesn't really just jei or forge's problem.
according to your last says, "it could be some other mod resolving the tags way to early. Tags were the big change in 1.18.2, some mods may have not addressed those changes." I guess this might be right.

Thank you for the help btw.

Edited by ItzMily

• 7 months later...

From what I can tell, this seems to be a Harvestcraft 2 issue, particularly in conjunction with Farmer's Delight. I had the exact same issue while trying to add the four HC2 mods to my Enigmatica 8 instance on 1.18.2 - all my Farmer's Delight recipes with forge tag ingredients broke and became uncraftable, and were fixed upon HC2's removal.

Edited by coiledAgent
Added more detail.