NBT, CompoundTag, Tag, ListTag of floats

Hxrl

Describing what I want to do is fairly simple. I want to use this command but in code:

/data modify entity @e[type=minecraft:zombie,sort=nearest,limit=1] HandDropChances set value [0.0f, 0.0f]

The entity and the fact that it contains HandDropChances are already known, so ignore those parts of the issue

the specific part I am struggling with is making it accept [0.0f, 0.0f]

the following is part Java and part psuedocode of what I am looking to do.

void someVoid(Entity ent) {
  CompoundTag compTag = ent.saveWithoutId(new CompoundTag());
  String name = "HandDropChances";
  if (compTag.contains(name)) {
    //.setTag doesn't exist of course,
    //and [0.0f, 0.0f] is nonsense,
    //but I don't know how I ought to declare it in order to get it into the form I need to actually achieve this.
    compTag.setTag(name, [0.0f, 0.0f]);

// What I've been trying to do to make this happen is below
    ListTag tagList = (ListTag) compTag.get(name);
    tagList.clear();
    tagList.add(0.0f);
    tagList.add(0.0f);
    compTag.remove(name);
    compTag.put(tagList);
    //or something like that, anyway. but floats aren't Tags so this, of course, doesn't work
  }
}

There's a TagParser class if you want to explore what gets created for some SNBT.

But I think what you are looking for is FloatTag?

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

Thanks! I think I'd been in such a headache over it all day that I just missed the fact that I'd already found that part of the answer, your stating the obvious is what finally pushed me up onto the ledge. I appreciate it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • https://gist.github.com/it-is-allie/29645c4fb5c7131ad30181769a37d12f There is my latest crash report. I've spent probably 5 hours messing with modpacks and have gotten it almost complete but it then randomly crashes before loading all the mods? I'm not even sure. if anyone  could help it would be greatly appreciated.   
    • Hi, Forge refuses to recognize the mods "moonlight" and "enhancedcelestial" in my friend's modpack for essential, we have double checked that the modpack we're using has both those mods, and it still won't recognize, saying I don't have them. If I try to manually add these mods into my game, it gives me the "Unexpected custom data from client" error. I am stuck in a loop here. -- Unexpected custom data from client Missing required datapack registries: moonlight:soft_fluids, enchancedcelestials:lunar/event, enhancedcelestials:lunar/dimension_settings, moonlight:map_markers -- Logs https://pastebin.com/rvFnk4n3
    • Good afternoon, I have a problem with the minecraft launcher, when trying to open a version with forge it does not open the minecraft and the launcher gives me an error code 1, this passes me from version 1.17 onwards and without having any mod installed.   [29jun.2024 18:08:14.073] [main/INFO] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--username, MarkitoPlex, --version, 1.20.1-forge-47.3.1, --gameDir, C:\Users\Marco Antonio RL\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft, --assetsDir, C:\Users\Marco Antonio RL\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\assets, --assetIndex, 5, --uuid, 4768b6d7e7fa48f58946cbe18989d2e3, --accessToken, ????????, --clientId, ZmEwYTkyM2YtZTU2YS00NTVlLWE4NTgtYjY0MWI5YzFhODc1, --xuid, 2535453534635465, --userType, msa, --versionType, release, --quickPlayPath, C:\Users\Marco Antonio RL\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\quickPlay\java\1719706091955.json, --launchTarget, forgeclient, --fml.forgeVersion, 47.3.1, --fml.mcVersion, 1.20.1, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, --fml.mcpVersion, 20230612.114412] [29jun.2024 18:08:14.077] [main/INFO] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 10.0.9+10.0.9+main.dcd20f30 starting: java version 17.0.8 by Microsoft; OS Windows 11 arch amd64 version 10.0 [29jun.2024 18:08:14.178] [main/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FMLConfig/CORE]: Configuration file C:\Users\Marco Antonio RL\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\config\fml.toml is not correct. Correcting [29jun.2024 18:08:14.179] [main/INFO] [net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.FMLConfig/CORE]: Incorrect key [earlyWindowShowCPU] was corrected from null to false [29jun.2024 18:08:14.196] [main/INFO] [net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.ImmediateWindowHandler/]: Loading ImmediateWindowProvider fmlearlywindow [29jun.2024 18:08:14.341] [main/INFO] [EARLYDISPLAY/]: Trying GL version 4.6    
    • Hi, I was wondering how to make a "screenspace texture" like the background of the end portal (not including the moving stars). This is an example of what I want:  I have taken a look at the vanilla shader files, but I don't know how to use the effect for myself. Any help would be great,
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.