[1.18.2] Game crashes when I start creating my new single player world

kreiss97

2 hours ago, Luis_ST said:

Looks like a problem with the Config of Dynamic Lights. Make sure you are using the latest version.
If the Mod is already up to date, talk to the Mod author.

Ok, now it lets me enter the world. but every 5 minutes the game says "waiting for server" and lags a lot. I doubt it's happening because of my PC because I have plenty of RAM and a good enough graphic card. Maybe the minecraft server is lagging because there are many mods?

2 minutes ago, Luis_ST said:

You can try to increase the server memory (RAM).

How can you do that in a single player world? I have allocated 24G of RAM for Minecraft but idk if you can increase the RAM of an official single player minecraft server

The "waiting for server" means the server thread has too much work to do. You probably have some warnings about server ticks taking too long in your log?

This has nothing to do with graphics.

You can use the spark mod to get information about what the server thread is doing: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/spark

look at its wiki for how to use it.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

I have allocated 24G of RAM for Minecraft

That sounds excessive. How much ram do you actually have?

If you allocate more memory than is physically available, the operating system will have to swap memory to and from disk.

This will degrade your performance.

It can also lead to long garbage collections when java needs to do a full garbage collection. 

This could behave exactly like you describe.

Edited by warjort

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

4 minutes ago, warjort said:

That sounds excessive. How much ram do you actually have?

If you allocate more memory than is physically available, the operating system will have to swap memory to and from disk.

This will degrade your performance.

It can also lead to long garbage collections when java needs to do a full garbage collection. 

This could behave exactly like you describe.

I have 32Gb and first I had allocated 16, but seeing it was lagging I allocated 24. I suppose the problem is what you said about the ticks, because the fps are actually fine and the game runs smoothly aside from the server seemingly lagging. Is there a way to fix this?

As I said above, use that spark mod to diagnose what the real problem is. Then we won't be guessing.

You can also use TaskManager to see if you get a lot memory paging when the lag occurs.

Boilerplate:

Yes, If you click where it says "all" twice it will change to "sources". From this you will see it is a problem with ambientadditions: 

ambientadditions (216404ms)
Server thread90.74%
coda.ambientadditions.common.entities.HarlequinShrimpEntity.travel()90.58%
coda.ambientadditions.common.entities.HarlequinShrimpEntity.baseTick()0.08%
coda.ambientadditions.common.entities.ShameFacedCrabEntity.baseTick()0.08%
coda.ambientadditions.common.entities.HarlequinShrimpEntity.requiresCustomPersistence()0.01%
coda.ambientadditions.common.entities.ShameFacedCrabEntity.requiresCustomPersistence()0.00%

In particular its HarlequinShrimpEntity

Make sure you have the latest version of this mod then contact the mod author.

Boilerplate: